Tiger Barbs Being Evil Help

1. ChristheShark Member Member

My six meanie barbs are giving my angel fish a hard time.

What do I do the angels are so scared there hiding most of the day.

I could put them in my 10 gallon but I have 4 goldfish in them.

What do I do help !

2. goplecos Well Known Member Member

How big is the tank the Barbs and Angel are in?
    A 10 gallon is too small for any Goldfish let alone 4.

3. THE HABITAT Well Known Member Member

Relocate your four goldfish to a large pond, get a 55 for your barbs, get another 55 for your angels, then put a Betta and a couple snails in your 10...poof problem solved

4. goplecos Well Known Member Member

The OP never mentioned how big the Angelfish tank is. Unless I'm blind, lol.

5. ChristheShark Member Member

There all in a 55

6. goplecos Well Known Member Member

What other fish are in there with them?

7. ChristheShark Member Member

i have 15 red rosy minnows
    6 tiger barbs
    2 angel fish
    and 1 temp bala shark (needs to grow)

8. goplecos Well Known Member Member

If the Bala Shark is temporary then it can stay in there for now but the Minnows need to be rehomed, they like colder water and the Angel fish like warmer water. Up the Tiger Barbs to 12 and then they should ignore the Angels. Please also rehome the Goldfish.

9. ChristheShark Member Member

So should I buy a 10 gallon and put the minnows in there?

I don't really have a home for the other goldfish but I will rehome them as soon as possible

10. NightShade Member Member

I could be wrong, but I'd suggest getting a 20 long for the minnows.. they're really not much more $$ than a 10 gal (@ least here they're not)

11. ChristheShark Member Member

There extremely small, so I think a 10 should do I have an extra one and if they dont fit I'll split them

12. goplecos Well Known Member Member

Minnows are very active and need a 20 high or more. And then you only have room for 10 of them. I would suggest getting a 20 long for them. Also the Goldfish won't live for more than a few months like that.

13. Daryl Member Member

How large are the Angel fish. And how long have they been in the tank.

14. ChristheShark Member Member

There three weeks ago, very small fish.
    And they've been in the tank about a week.

15. Daryl Member Member

I have a school of 5 tigers in my tank. Along with 5 BA Tetras, 5 platys, 2 dwarf gourami, 3 Cory's ,2 neons and ,1 pleco. When ever I have put new fish in the tigers an the BAtetras pick at em for a day or two then they settle down. But if the Angels are alot smaller they may not. Mine are in a 46 gal planted tank and now everyone gets along fine. Thanks

16. SixThreeOh Member Member

I wouldn't keep tiger barbs with any fish with long fins.

17. Daryl Member Member

Thanks for the advice, mine have been fine. They pick at each other more than any one else in the tank. Also the tigers and the BATetras like to school together. They are one big happy family. Thanks again for your advice. Have a great day.

18. ChristheShark Member Member

My tiger barbs and my minnows love eachother they school together like they've known each other for years.

19. Daryl Member Member

After the Angels have been in there awhile has the harassment gone down any?

20. ChristheShark Member Member

Well I was thinking since I got them all when they were babies they should stop harassing the angels