Tiger Barbs and White Clouds

Discussion in 'Tiger Barb' started by blasto172, Mar 24, 2010.

1. blasto172

blasto172 Valued Member Member

Hi all, have a dillema on my hands. Yesturday a freind of mine asked If I would take her 2 tiger barbs, apparently she like her freshwater crab way more then the fish. I'm thinking they may work in my 10 gallon which currently has 10 ghost shrimp, 1 bristlenose pleco, and 4 white clouds (3 males). The pleco is moving into 55 gal. this weekend; I just stocked it with 6 glass catfish and 2 Farlowella sp. (twig or wiptail cats). I knew right away that the barbs wouldn't work in the 55 (mainly cause I'm moving 4 neon teras in there as well).

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried white clouds and tiger barbs before, and if so what was the result.

Also If anyone was wondering the 55 was cycled without fish and was ready to go 2 weeks ago, a short notice road trip made wait.

2. e_watson09

e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I'm pretty sure the tiger barbs would pick on the clouds. Especially since they're much more aggressive when they're only in twos they do much better in large groups. Honestly I would tell her to give them to the LFS but that's just my opinion.

3. OP
    OP
    blasto172

blasto172 Valued Member Member

yeah thats what I was thinking too. nothing against tiger barbs but If i'm going to get another aquarium its going to be for either a blue crayfish or a fresh/brackish puffer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice