Question Tiger Barbs and Red tailed shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayna214

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am currently getting ready to start my first real home aquarium. I want to put tiger barbs and a Red tailed shark and possibly something else just not sure what?

I havent bought a tank yet as that is step one but im not sure what size i should go with.... or what plants to buy. I want to get the tank (plants water etc all set up and ready before I go out and get the fish.

Basicly a beginer looking for some direction and insite. Also i do have an oscar that i've had for about three years now... bought him from walmart when he was no bigger than a loonie put him in a tank with a pleco filter and some caves and hes now bigger than my hand... never have checked the water or chemical levels but hes bright orange and happy.... i just want to make sure i set this tank up properly.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to the site!

You might be able to get some cichlids, if the tank were big enough. For just the tiger barbs and RTS, you're going to need something between 40 and 55 gallons because of the shark. For just a tiger barb tank, youll need at least a 29. If you got a 55, you could have the TBs, RTS and maybe a couple of firemouths.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to fishlore!!!
I agree with jaysee....although I think in a 30g you could have your rts and a nice school of barbs (my soon to be tank if I stop rescuing fish!!) but id go no less than that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 68 67.3%

Top Bottom