60 Gallon Tank Tiger barb with growth on nose

TMS

Hi everyone,

I've had a group of tiger barbs over the last week and noticed that one of them has an odd growth on the left side of the nose. It looked almost like a little horn jutting out on the nostril. These two images are from last night.

20211017_210703.jpg

20211017_210704.jpg

However, when I got home today and had a look it seems like the growth has sort of popped. Please see this third image which is from just now.

20211018_173449.jpg

I've googled for images on fish disease but not seen a perfect match. What might it be and, if it's serious, what steps should I take next?

Edit: The fish has shown no different behaviour from the rest of the group. Yet, at least. And none of the others have developed any growths.

BigManAquatics

If it popped, a cyst is what i am thinking it was. Frequent partial water changes should help keep the water clean and help prevent infection.

TMS

Thanks for the input. Would that be lymphocystis? I'll read up on it and go ahead with water changes.

I now notice that the site's image upload shrinks them quite a bit, so I'll replace the images in the first post with links to the full sized ones.

Edit: Right, can't edit older posts, so here we go.
Image 1 (last night)
Image 2 (last night)
Image 3 (tonight)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
beebeemo
Replies
Views