Tiger Barb Troubles With New Fish Help

1. chickenghost Member Member

Today I finally got new fish, which I have not done for several months because my existing populations were all happy. I got 6 neon green rasboras. I acclimated them for a while, and then released them in the tank.
    I have a school of tiger barbs in there. they are surprisingly peaceful, apart from the big one I call "Fatpants" He is the largest tiger barb in the tank, and he went after the rasboras almost as soon as they were released. Some of the rasboras are very small, while the others are larger.
    I was a little freaked out when I first saw this, but it appears to have stopped, because I have not seen any active chasing for the last 1/2 hour or so, but only the larger ones seem to be coming out into the open. all the little guys are hiding in the caves.
    I also think one of my other fish, a skirt tetra named Princess, the princess of gluttony, greed, and always the first to the surface for feeding, may have tried to eat one of the smaller ones, although I could not see clearly. Is there anything that I can do to help the rasboras without rehoming any of the fish?

2. Philippians 4:13 Well Known Member Member

How many tiger barbs do you have?

3. chickenghost Member Member

5, but overnight, the other fish seem to have accepted the rasboras. I saw them all exploring the tank this morning, so things seem to be getting better. However, they are steering clear of the other fish, particularly the tiger barbs. I also have not seen the 6th rasbora since he was released into the tank, so that is worrying. However, the other 5 seem to be happy.

4. Philippians 4:13 Well Known Member Member

Let us know if it gets worse, ready to help!

5. chickenghost Member Member

OK. just a question, how active are the rasboras supposed to be? Because mine are just sort of hovering around in certain spots in the tank. Is that normal?