Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi im going to pick out 2 more tiger barbs today so thatll make
7 tiger barbs
6 tetras
& a baby bristlestone pleco.
I wanna add 2 more tiger barbs then add my centerpiece fish. My question is can i Mix a different color tiger barb? Id love a red or green to finish out the school, will they all school together? And any eye catching centrepiece fish that would fit in with the others? Im getting mixed opinions on what can go with tiger barbs. Thanks
My tank A-0, n-0 N-5ppm.

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I believe you can mix the varieties of tiger barbs but I am not 100% sure so hopefully someone else will jump on here and tell you for sure.

I am unsure a good centerpiece fish for them. What kind are the tetras? I've seen people do well having them with semi aggressive cichlids, not sure about that size tank and the tetras being in the mix too tho.

OP
Laurenx19

Laurenx19

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
There flame tetras. They don't ever seem to fight with the tiger barbs in fact sometimes they school with them lol. But i had a beautiful male swordtail and i had perfect water conditions he had popeye..i actually think they injured him and he quickly died so unfortunately i can't put swordtails in with them.

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All three Tiger Barb color morphs (Standard, Green & Albino / Reds) will be fine together and will school. I'm not counting the Glofish Tiger Barbs. Lol.

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 86 65.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 24 18.3%

Top Bottom