Tiger barb tail

1. fishlurer22

fishlurer22 New Member Member

Im not sure what fish in my tank are nibbling at my albino tiger barbs tail. Every time i look at the tank he has less and less tail. Im not sure what fish it is though. I have 4 other tiger barbs 2 black skirt tetras and 2 ghost tetras.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Marie1

Marie1 Well Known Member Member

Hey fishlurer22! :)

My money would be on another tiger barb. 5 is too small of a school of them in my opinion. I would at least double that to 10. What size tank are they in?

3. OP
    OP
    fishlurer22

fishlurer22 New Member Member

30 gal and i will probably increase that size of them then

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. Marie1

Marie1 Well Known Member Member

You have plenty of room in a 30 for more. Tiger barbs tend to be fin nippers. If the school is larger, there are more fish for the nipping to be spread around too, and hopefully not on just one fish like is happening now. The more of them the better.

5. ppate1977

ppate1977 Well Known Member Member

I keep tiger barbs in my current tank. As stated above, I'm positive they are just nipping each other, be it the tigers or albinos. I do fine with 5, but I also have 4 4-5" cichlids that keep my barbs as target fish, always on the lookout. Keep your water pristine and the fins will be fine. As suggested you could certainly up your school. Good luck.