tiger barb, sumatra barb compatible tank mates

jbelalca

Reaction score
I need a list o tank mates for my sumatra barb , nowadays i have barbus filamentosus, silver dollars, guramis, barbus rossi and monjitas ( i dont know whats the real name of this).
Thanks a lot

EmptyH

Reaction score
From what I have read, Tiger Barbs are compatible with most comunity fish, I have mine with Danios, Cories, a Clown Pleco and a Rainbow Shark and a Gold Gourami. Tigers are best kept in a group of at least 5 or 6. If they are kept in smaller groups they tend to pick on their tank mates. When they are kept in a group they mostly just pick on each other They are active fish and like to chase each other which is why they need friends, and they are definitely a lot of fun to watch ;D. They are also known to be fin nippers so they should probably not be kept with anything with long flowing fins, like Fancy Guppies.

Just as a warning on the Gold Gourami; many people say that as they get older they get more aggressive, mine gets along great with his tank mates but some people have reported that they can be mean.

What size tank do you have? That would help determine what fish would go well with the Tigers.

Hope that helps,

MTH

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Check out this compatibility chart - it's one of the best I've seen and most likely a good place to start.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What is this "Sumatra Barb"? Never heard of that kind. How many do you have? The best tankmates for barbs are at least 5 others of their same species.

jbelalca

Reaction score
A Sumatra barb is the same tiger barb, (puntius tetrazona), i dont want to have only barbs i want to have some other species, but i dont know which species should i buy.

regards
jb

jbelalca

Reaction score
I have a 20 galon tank with 7 tiger barbs, 2 silver dollars, 2 rosy barb, 2 puntius filamentosus, 2 nuns, 2 gold gurami, 2 white gurami, 1 gurami spring.

I want anothe specie like a red one or blue one some one that give me colours.

thanks a lot for ypu help

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd say your tank is already well stocked, any more and it will be over stocked.
Carol

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you post the same question in two different places it makes it hard to give a good answer so I merged them and we can all see everybodys suggestions at once. Hope you don't mind.
Carol

jbelalca

Reaction score
Butterfly said:
If you post the same question in two different places it makes it hard to give a good answer so I merged them and we can all see everybodys suggestions at once. Hope you don't mind.
Carol
[/quote
sorry i{ll take into account in may next question.

thanks a lot for your answe.r

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom