Tiger Barb Sick?

swer2drunkinotgd

Reaction score
I have noticed that my barbs have been floating with their nose down tail up, is that the way they sleep?
a few times they scared me, i thought they were dead.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Re: Sick?

Do they do this all the time or just in the morning when they wake up?
Carol

swer2drunkinotgd

Reaction score

in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon when i come home from school.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Their most likely just sleeping. Do they eat well?
Carol

swer2drunkinotgd

Reaction score

yes, i put a frozen cube of blood worms in the water and the 2 bala sharks and the 3 barbs eat all of it.

Alasse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

My barbs do that too....and every tiger i've owned before these have also done it...i would put it as normal behaviour

hssea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i get up during the night quite often and when i look into the aquarium my tiger barbs are nose down. But i've also had problems with that during the day and sometimes with a little color loss (black stripes dull a little and then later get darker again). I read somewhere that when they eat they get alot of air in their bellies causing this. So now i soak their food a few minutes prior to putting it in tank. They havnt been doing the head down during the day anymore

Juan and Sylvia

Reaction score
I read that when the tiger barbs point their noses down that there is a high level of nitrate in the tank and that it can be corrected with a water change. I noticed this behavior today and I did the weekly water change. But now two of my tiger barbs are staying at the back of the tank. one behind the rocks and one behind the filter. The third tiger barb is fine swimming around the tank on his own. I only have 3 and there aren't any aggressive fish chasing them. Why are the two barbs hiding?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom