Help Tiger Barb Problem

donnylao5

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m new and I was looking around the site for advise for my tigers and I found this. Anyways i have 3 tigers in a 10 gallon planning to get a bigger tank soon for them Ik it’s not enough barbs for a school but I one of my barbs have been swimming really off after I did a water change. All the others are doing fine and so is my algae eater but I’m just worried about this barb, because he swims at the surface then he goes to a mid range then beach up to the surface and when he goes into the filter current he seems to be struggling more than the others

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The noted Tiger Barb might be the weakest fish in the heirarchy. Maybe bullied to the point of physical distress.
Small tank & small school of aggressive fish, are not a good combination.
Really not much to be done at this point. Make sure the tank stays clean & water stays with in the proper parameters.

OP
donnylao5

donnylao5

Reaction score
A201 said:
The noted Tiger Barb might be the weakest fish in the heirarchy. Maybe bullied to the point of physical distress.
Small tank & small school of aggressive fish, are not a good combination.
Really not much to be done at this point. Make sure the tank stays clean & water stays with in the proper parameters.
Thank you for replying and I took the barb out of the water because I didn’t want it to affect the other fish in the tank

I’m guessing that he was stressed and he died because I did a water change before he was like that. He’s gone now but it’s part of the fish keeping hobby u lose fish but the other fish in the tank are fine and I was planning to get more tmr when I go to the pet store again

Also can u guys help me with my barbs it’s been almost two days and they haven’t ate. I read online and it says that some fish can take a week but from what I know fish from pet stores do not take that long to eat because I had dwarf gouramis for like less than a hour and it’s already eating

I’m guessing is that every fish is different, but idk because I had 2 Bala sharks as well small and less than a day they are already eating. Someone help me

I also do t think it’s the water I think it’s because he was stressed bc my others are thriving like they are just swimming (when the lights are off)

New Threads