Tiger Barb Not Eating. Question

1. XMitchX Initiate Member

I have 6 Tiger Barbs in a 30 gallon tank, 3 green, 3 regular. The tank is cycled, water parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 40-60 nitrates. All the other barbs besides my biggest one are swimming around normally and nipping at each other every now and again. My biggest one is constantly hiding, darting around the tank, and has been acting like this since I introduced them into the tank. He never comes out to eat either. It's been a week since he's last eaten. What should I do?

2. BravetheBetta Well Known Member Member

40-60 nitrates is quite high for such a large tank with so few fish - does your tap water have nitrates?

the largest barb has been acting out ever since you got them? are there any physical symptoms, ie any cuts, bruises, lumps, bumps, or even heavy breathing?

3. XMitchX Initiate Member

The tap water doesn't have any nitrates. The barb acting out doesn't seem to have any illness. No cuts, lumps, bruises, no scales missing; and he's not breathing heavy. You said such few fish? I'm new to the fish keeping hobby(3months in) how many barbs can I keep in my 30? I felt 6 was too many already.

4. XMitchX Initiate Member

So all my fish have ich now and slowly dieing. Guess that's what I get for buying fish at petco.