Tiger barb disease?

Tink

Reaction score
Two of my tiger barbs have recently started developing black spots on their scales. They're not "grain of salt" size, so I figured it couldn't be Black Spot. They're relatively large, but not big enough to consume the entire fish. Any ideas on what it could be?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
check here and read through here to see if you can figure out what it is, I don't know what it is sorry. :-\

Welcome to Fishlore.

Golden Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Heya Tink!
How old are your Tiger Barbs? How many you got and how many got spot?

Tink

Reaction score
I have 4. I got them at the beginning of September '06. Two of them have spots...

The only disease I found that sounds like my situation is Myxobacteriosis. The barbs with the spots are a little swollen as well...

Golden Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
I am no expert but this is what i got.
Does it look like the spots in between the 2nd and 3rd stripes in the top photo? If it does then it is not a disease, it is just more black scales showing up. All of mine did the same thing after 3-4 months. They got black "spots" which were actually just some of their scales turning black. Some of mine did this more than others. One actually formed a large black dot in between his stripes (2nd photo)! I think it is because of inbreeding that they don't have or keep the straight "tiger Stripes" as they get older, I am not 100% sure.
Are yours acting funny in anyway?

Tink

Reaction score
They're not acting funny at all. What a relief! That's exactly what they're starting to look like. Thanks so much!!!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom