Thrive+ Fertilizer Question(s)

airdog44

Hey guys, so I just bought the NilocG Thrive+ for my low-tech planted tank. I have 2 questions:

1. Should I have bought regular thrive which is meant for low-tech tanks? Or is the thrive+ one ok?
2. Should I refrigerate it?

Thanks for the help!

Fishstery

Hey guys, so I just bought the NilocG Thrive+ for my low-tech planted tank. I have 2 questions:

1. Should I have bought regular thrive which is meant for low-tech tanks? Or is the thrive+ one ok?
2. Should I refrigerate it?

Thanks for the help!
You can store it at room temperature, no need to refrigerate. Thrive c is for low tech, thrive + is just a higher dosed version. I would just cut the dosing by half since you are running low tech. Just be mindful of your existing nitrate levels before dosing. Dosing nitrogen WILL raise your nitrate levels, I believe thrive will raise it around 9ppm with their dose. Saw a lot of negative reviews on Amazon from ignorant people claiming "this will kill your fish!" Because it raised their already sky high nitrate levels (bad matinence care and they blame niclog)...

Upvote 0

airdog44

Thanks for the reply! If I have duckweed which eats up a lot of nitrates should I still cut in half?

Upvote 0

Fishstery

Thanks for the reply! If I have duckweed which eats up a lot of nitrates should I still cut in half?
Dose it at half, and test your nitrates a few hours after. Then right before your next dose, test again to see how much your plants are consuming in between dosage to determine whether or not excess is needed. Remember that this is an all in one, so if you need to dose higher on one macro or micro you are dosing higher on everything else as well. If it turns out you need more nitrates you may benefit from buying a nitrogen only fert and dosing that in conjuction with the thrive

Upvote 0

airdog44

Sounds good thanks :)

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
awilkinson871
Replies
Views
Nickguy5467
Replies