Thrive+ All In One

1. oOturquoiseOo

oOturquoiseOo Well Known Member Member

This is a good choice, right? It's on the way to me :)

Anyone?

2. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Yes, especially for heavily planted tanks! I use normal thrive, I really like it :)

3. OP
    OP
    oOturquoiseOo

Thanks! I also have another $100 of plants coming so I really don't want to lose any!

4. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

I use the regular thrive and love it... all are slightly different (one for tanks with highish ph, two for low ph).

5. OP
    OP
    oOturquoiseOo

Thanks!

I feel like maybe there wasn't why other options when I ordered this. Or maybe I'm making that up. Haha!

I just realized I have root tabs in my tank. Will this be a problem with the all in one?

Edited to add... Apparently they do have the regular thrive products as well. I didn't scroll far enough.

6. J

Not at all, Root tabs are completely separate from liquid frets and should be used together :)

7. OP
    OP
    oOturquoiseOo

Excellent! Thank you!

Is this version shrimp and snail safe? I know the root tabs I have in the tank aren't because they have copper. But I'm hoping to get some kind of inverts for my planted 2 gallon jar. :) I also have Flourish.

8. J

I use thrive (regular) with amanos and RCS, and root tabs as well with no effect on the shrimp. Plants need copper, and most ferts will contain some... but in a safe amount for inverts. There is a shrimp specific thrive without copper, but again for a low ph tank...

9. OP
    OP
    oOturquoiseOo

Thanks!

Low pH isn't a problem with me. Unfortunately my tap water is well below 6. I have to use crushed coral in my filter to keep the pH workable. I'm hoping a little coral tossed on the substrate will be enough for the jar. I have a sponge filter in it. There is some current. I can't test the water yet, I'm currently doing the dry start method to start some plants in it. Then I'll start getting it cycled/where it needs to be.

10. Geno

Geno Valued Member Member

I use the thrive+ in 90 gallon tank with 200 blue rili shrimp ,mystery snails ottos and cpds.they all do fine with it i also use dry ferts and some seachem liquid ferts .i use diy root tabs ,mexican red clay,potash and osmocote .seems to be working very well .

Attached Files:

11. OP
    OP
    oOturquoiseOo

Wow! That looks great!

I have my new plants in and I hardly had any melting at all. There's not a ton of growth yet but it's only been about 2 weeks now. I can definitely see a difference but I'm just more excited that the plants didn't all melt. Haha!

12. Geno

Yes theres always an adjustment period for plants some shorter some longer ,but as long as you give them the things they need they will grow for you. Good luck sounds like a great project!!!!!!

13. OP
    OP
    oOturquoiseOo

I have root tabs and flourish but i really feel that the thrive+ made a big difference.

14. Geno

Yes i dose mostly dry ferts but my plants seem to respond better when i mix things up a bit i bought the thrive because some friends were trying it out and i saw a huge difference in color and health been useing it for a couple months and am very happy with the results .i seem to have better growth and color than with dry ferts alone.