55 Gallon Tank Three words...

Musey
CYAN BLUE, BABY!!!!

Okay, okay, a few more words:
Woot! I think I am finally cycled. Did my tests this morning and my Nitrites are finally blue! After a month and a half of fishless cycling and THREE weeks of looking at a dark purple Nitrite test tube... I think I'm finally there!

Of course, I will do some more testing for a few more days to be absolutely sure... but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Magoo
Congratulations bet you are really happy the wait is nearly over

oscarsbud
Way to Go!

Eienna
Wonderful! Now just don't wash your filter media with tap water, lol. Or replace it all at once.

Musey
Eienna said:
Wonderful! Now just don't wash your filter media with tap water, lol. Or replace it all at once.
Okay! Tossing out the old filter media now!

Oh wait... you said DON'T!?!? Doh!

twinkey
congrats on your cycle..what was the total time of cycle

Musey
I filled my tank on July 29th. So... 46 days? Or something close to that.

How is your cycle coming along Twinkey?

Meeps83
Yay! Now the fun begins!

twinkey
Musey said:
I filled my tank on July 29th. So... 46 days? Or something close to that.

How is your cycle coming along Twinkey?
very slow...started on july 16th..nitrites 3 1/2 weeks ago...ammonina was disappering almost every day..now every other day..still high nitrites and nitrates

Musey
When was your last water change? My nitrites ans nitrates got so high that it was making my tests act weird. I did a couple of big water changes a few days ago and now today I had no ammonia or nitrites.

twinkey
Musey said:
When was your last water change? My nitrites ans nitrates got so high that it was making my tests act weird. I did a couple of big water changes a few days ago and now today I had no ammonia or nitrites.
two days ago..did a 90% wc

Musey
That should help a bit... at least keep levels inside the test kit range so you can see what is going on. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a big drop in nitrites in a couple days.

Keep us posted!

Tigress Hill
Hey Musey, you don't have to toss that tank out the window now (and I won't do it for you either).

twinkey
Musey said:
That should help a bit... at least keep levels inside the test kit range so you can see what is going on. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a big drop in nitrites in a couple days.

Keep us posted!
did you have any issues with ammonia not dropping as fast later on in your cycle

Musey
Tigress Hill said:
Hey Musey, you don't have to toss that tank out the window now (and I won't do it for you either).
Ha! You just stay away from my tank or I'll have to go all Cat-Woman on you!

twinkey said:
did you have any issues with ammonia not dropping as fast later on in your cycle
Not really. Once my BBs started gobbling up my ammonia it just dropped faster and faster. By the end, my BBs would eat up all my ammonia in about 6 hours. It was crazy. I have one of those Seachem Ammonia monitors on the inside of my tank and I could swear that every time I walked by the tank I could see that thing changing colors LOL!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom