three new panda cories

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I bought three new panda cories today... they are so cute now i know what some ppl on the betta board are talking about lol anyway these little guys to eat algea right? so i can feed them algea wafers and such i'm wondering 'cause well the moron at petsmart didn't tell me **** about them *sigh* so i'm jw and they seem to like the brown algea enough they have thoiughly disturbed my substrate now they have moved pebbles around that Inari does like its rather funny tho anyway just wondering about that thanx

brent

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Congrats on a great buy but sorry to say Corys don't eat algae. They will nibble veggie wafers occasionally if thats all thats around. Usually they like shrimp pellets, blood worms, will eat flakes that have fallen. Heres more info and some darling pics.

Carol

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My corys love shrimp pellets; they are not so keen on veggies so I give them some flakes now and then, they don't seem to like fresh vegetables at all. Just fyi Brent: they're not eating the algae, corys will all probe areas like plants and the tank wall and gravel for food, and it looks like they're eating it but they're really stirring things up. If you have algae you might want to get a mystery snail. That is what I have and it keeps the tank quite algae free.

Glad you found some pandas; I would have liked them but I'm quite happy with my peppered corys. They're fun little fish. You might want to get them a place to hide during the daytime but with just a betta and (maybe) a snail they will be fairly calm. Mine are.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
o well atleast the oto will chew on some algea here and there :) and i discovered that my bamboo shrimp loves algea wafers he found a piece of one last night and ate the entire thing i was a bit surprised :)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom