Question Three Family Members Got New Tanks- Book Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainbowsprinkles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I went home for thanksgiving and my 7 yo daughter proudly showed pictures of her planted glofish tank to everyone. By the time we left my 12 yo niece and nephew (twins) had gone to the pet store and bought themselves tanks and my 75 yo dad decided he wanted to start up the hobby again too. It is genetic apparently.

They all live on the other side of the country. I gave the kids tips on stocking and starting a tank. But would like to give them a resource so they can learn about the nitrogen cycle etc.. they are too young and my dad too old and technophobic for Internet forums. Any suggestions on informative fish keeping books or even supplies you would give a brand new fish keeper for Christmas?

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It would be a bit of work, But you know what I would love if I was your father...a loosely bound, hand written, fish keeping manual written by my child. Call it something like "The Doe Family Fish Keeping Guide" Corny hand drawn pictures and all when it comes to the nitrogen cycle, common pests, etc.

rainbowsprinkles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As for supplies a liquid test kit if you believe they are responsible enough to use it (the kids)
Great idea. I think they might like testing the water..

It would be a bit of work, But you know what I would love if I was your father...a loosely bound, hand written, fish keeping manual written by my child. Call it something like "The Doe Family Fish Keeping Guide" Corny hand drawn pictures and all when it comes to the nitrogen cycle, common pests, etc.
Yeah if I were younger this might work.. Im worried my dad might take it as condescending because he has had tanks in the past.. and originally taught me how to do a fish tank a long time ago.. he was a biology teacher once so I thought a book that updated him on the science of it/ N cycle - things that we didn’t know back then might be taken better.or maybe my daughter could make him such a booklet- with some help.hmmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 31 64.6%

Top Bottom