Three ADF's Mating?

Kaiiiix0x0

So I've had a trio of ADFs for about 6 months now, 2 are males and 1 is female. One male and the female have been mating on and off since about a month after I got them, they never laid any eggs and the female never seemed to be bothered so I didn't do anything about it. I added a Betta to the tank last night, the frogs get along fine with her and neither she nor the frogs seem bothered to share a tank and there is plenty of room for all of them. I woke up today to what I usually wake up to, my male and female pair were mating but the other male was on the bottom of the female as well. Is this normal behavior or a territorial thing? They separated shortly after but when they were together the female was struggling to swim and to go up for air and I'm worried they might do it again?

Lucy

Hi welcome to FishLore!

It is normal and usually nothing to worry about.
A healthy female should be able to get up for air when she needs it. I've never heard of a frog coming to harm over it.

Doesn't mean it's not possible, I just hadn't heard of it.

Kaiiiix0x0

Hi welcome to FishLore!

It is normal and usually nothing to worry about.
A healthy female should be able to get up for air when she needs it. I've never heard of a frog coming to harm over it.

Doesn't mean it's not possible, I just hadn't heard of it.
Okay, thank you!

Lucy

Just one of those silly ADF things and makes them so endearing!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
40GallonGal
Replies
Views
Lucy
  • Question
Replies
Views
Dunk2
Replies