Threadfin Rainbows

Roxane0470

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Anyone have experience with Threadfin Rainbowfish? I'm planning on putting up a 45 gallon in April and saw them at my lfs and decided they are the one fish I must have. Also any ideas for tank mates. I do plan on having my panda and albino cories in with them as well so a few more ideas of other mates that would get along well with these 3 would be great.

Jake92094

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Other larger rainbows would do well. I currently have threadfins, dwarf neon, australian, bosemani, and denison barbs together with a small school of rummy noses.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I definitely wouldn't keep larger and more boisterous rainbows with the threadfins. They are smaller and more timid, and with their ornate fins, might not compete well and might be targeted for bullying.
Iriatherina werneri – Threadfin Rainbowfish

tjander

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I found out they really need there food to be very small, mine won’t take a full grown brine shrimp they will only do baby brine or finely crushed flake food.
Very cool fish though.

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I found out they really need there food to be very small, mine won’t take a full grown brine shrimp they will only do baby brine or finely crushed flake food.
Very cool fish though.
I don't have these fish, but I do keep other smaller fish that like to eat mostly live foods. I would highly recommend a micro worm culture, easy to keep (a bit smelly) and a thrifty live food to add to the rotation.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom