Thread Paranoia Funny

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jenoli42, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Jenoli42Well Known MemberMember

Hey team

So i woke up this morning to @Katarina 's thread about tanks breaking/failing. I was calm until I read @david1978 's story, the part where his Oscar knocked over a decoration & broke through... followed by @Swampgorilla posting dramatically.

"EARTHQUAKES" My brain screamed.

I leapt outta bed, put coffee on (#priorities) and got started replacing our craft beer bottle collection with craft beer cans above our fantasy 250L bowfront.

here's what was above our tank before - organised by brewery mind you.
    20180425_101122.jpg

here's what I have there now, not organised particularly well but that's a project for after I test & feed tanks today.
    20180425_101057.jpg

gotta go... gotta email our insurance about covering our tanks immediately lolz ;)

2. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

3. RylanWell Known MemberMember

I have to say the graphic designer in me is loving all the label designs on that beer wall...and also just the beer... :D

4. Jenoli42Well Known MemberMember

ikr??? I will need to adjust the cans & plastic fill bottles somehow so they look as good. :)

btw it's not just "a" wall... it's our entire house. lolz
    20180425_110401.jpg
    20180425_110337.jpg

5. 123Valued MemberMember

Hahaha always glad to bring peace in peoples lives

6. Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

Check out YouTube aquarium crashes sometime. Freaky.
    Hubby says I would LOVE the poster so it must be skulls! Or kittens. Or dragons. Or Rotties. Well, somebody tell cause hubby won’t!

Edie to add hubby loves the beer. All of it.

7. Jenoli42Well Known MemberMember

the poster is La Catrina Calavera, The Lady of Death (mother of all sugar skulls). she's holding a pet sugar skull & both are covered in hop tattoos.

she looks like a child with big aqua blue eyes & her mouth is sewn shut. she has tear drop tattoos & long black hair. she's got a crown of red roses & corn.

its the logo for a very spicy craft beer made in Wellington new Zealand with habanero & jalapeno chili. gives you instant indigestion :)

8. scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

Sweet! If y'all ever plan on visiting NYC, hit me up :D.

9. Jenoli42Well Known MemberMember

dude you better be serious because I'm American & grew up in upstate NY... brought the fam over from nz in 2015 & couldn't find craft beer except in Brooklyn... I bet you know where we shoulda gone!

likewise. if you visit NZ hit us up... we know all the best breweries

10. Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

WOW, he’s right, I love her! Aquamarine is my favorite color. Thank you for such a detailed description! I can imagine her! :)

11. Jenoli42Well Known MemberMember

my pleasure :)

12. scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

Oh, ok. If I was half kidding then, I'm dead serious now. Lol.
    Admittedly, I'm not very familiar with the scene in Brooklyn. I usually hang in Manhattan. There are a couple places and probably more. I need to do more exploring.

Also, I'd love to visit New Zealand someday. Sounds like it'd be fun. I used to travel a lot, but that's one place I never went.

13. Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

I’m packing now! Alabama is on the way right?

14. Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

Tried to find some but everyone is sold out. I guess I should say both are sold out. Bummer. :(

15. Jenoli42Well Known MemberMember

yusss! hooked you in *power grab, immediately followed by ashamed eye roll*
    seriously. NZ is incredible. been living here almost continuously since 2005 (back to Spokane from 08-11). craft beer scene exploded while i was back in states. also, my friends in the states started knowing about where I was from Lord of the Rings instead of just Flight of the Concords. (concords is far more accurate)
    @Gypsy13 , here's the plan: you & hubby pack & get to LAX. Alabama is on the way to nz from nyc... really. meet @scarface at LAX. flights are on sale with Air NZ right now. (I know because my mom's visiting later this year & April sales are lowest prices for nz/usa)

we'll meet in Wellington & do the craft beer pub & brewery tour.

:)

then you'll head back & have drunk enough not to remember any of it. ;)

nope! you just hafta get to the west coast. there are flights..i just looked for my mother ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2018
  16. Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

I can’t fly. :(
    Lucky to be able to take care of my critters. And my neighbor’s. I’m up tonight cause my neighbors horse has thrush in his rear hoof. They’re afraid to treat it. Well, please, bring it to the blind lady. Why not! Lol

You didn’t mention True Blood. Anna grew up in nz! Don’t tell he but I’m in love with her hubby. Only as Bill Compton though. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2018
  17. Jenoli42Well Known MemberMember

new plan then! CRUISE SHIP!!! train to the west coast, then cruise ship to NZ via Hawaii & Pacific islands. :;bananawater

18. Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

:;bananawater:cool:

19. Jenoli42Well Known MemberMember

wait so you're in Alabama? my family has never had grits. can you or your hubby make grits?

I've brought my family proper American Italian pizza & pasta as well as authentic Mexican (not tex mex) recipes. but no other southern dishes are in my repertoire. :(

tonight was home made chicken enchiladas with bacon - infused Spanish rice. evidence:
    20180425_201911.jpg
    (tell your hubby to describe... trust me ;) )

20. Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

Hubby is salivating! Sounds wonderful! And yes we can make grits. Even deep fried grits. But I like the creamy smooth southern decadent kind. With real butter. If he makes some this am, I’ll get a pic for you! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice