Thoughts On Online Fish Ordering

1. TRAILRIDER

TRAILRIDER Valued Member Member

Can anyone share their experience when ordering fish or rock or inverts on line? Who did you order from? Did you have a good experience? Who do you recommend?

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

The two sources i recommend is aquabid.com and germanbluerams.com. Aquabid is a combination of people but almost everyone on their does there job very well and know what they are doing.

3. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

I've had a wonderful and horrible experience with ordering online. WetSpott is a wonderful place to order from. All but one fish out of 20 arrived safe and healthy, they were also very easy and nice to work with. Answered any questions I needed in a quick and timely manner. I highly suggest them.

For bettas, betta_mafia and water_pets are good sellers on Ebay. Although, when I had a question mafia never replied whereas, if I am remembering correctly, waterpets actually sent a message saying if there was anything they could help with to let them know without me messaging.

I unfortunately can't remember the seller I purchased from and had an absolutely horrible experience from, but another seller I would not suggest purchasing from is betta.time on eBay. A friend purchased from them and I was there when the betta came in. The betta arrived with a slightly damaged gill plate and had odd holes in the internal bag. I don't believe there was any IAL extract or M.blue either, which isnt a major thing, but is a good idea to have to reduce stress.

4. dwarfpufferlover

dwarfpufferlover Well Known Member Member

I use trinsfish, she has really good prices and is semi local if you are in Kentucky.

5. sleow

sleow Valued Member Member

Aquatic Arts is based out of Indianapolis, which isn't too far from Kentucky, depending on what city you're in. Since I live in the city I go pick up my fish, but they package them up really nice and usually send a few extra. When I ordered 3 corys and 5 marimo balls, I got 4 corys and 7 marimo balls :D

6. Galathiel

Galathiel Well Known Member Member

I've used Aquatic Arts, Coast Gem USA and BuyGoldfishOnline. Everything arrived alive and healthy. In the future, I plan to go back to Aquatic Arts (if they have what I want) or Trinsfish.

7. Z

Z24zorpx4 New Member Member

8. Seth15

Seth15 Valued Member Member

I have ordered from a few different places with all good results.

Wetspot, has fantastic communication and customer service.

Livfishdirect for african cichlids

Daves rare fish also for african cichlids

And I have ordered live plants from liveaquaria, but they also have fish.

9. OP
    OP
    TRAILRIDER

TRAILRIDER Valued Member Member

I was looking at liveaquaria.com since I purchased my live sand and other things from them.

10. Seth15

Seth15 Valued Member Member

Maybe you can give them a shot again, they do have a guarantee after all. And it's free shipping over orders of 99 I believe.

11. Bigfella

Bigfella Valued Member Member

I've bought from different sellers on Aquabid and have yet to have a bad experience. You are able to check the reviews on each seller before purchasing from them and you can message them to ask questions.