Thoughts On Neptune Stickable Fish Food?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by XenoMarc, Apr 10, 2017.

1. XenoMarc

XenoMarc Valued Member Member

Hello.
    While I was at a retail store, I was looking around in the pets area and I spotted this Neptune Stickable Fish Food for £1. I thought that it might be easier to feed the neon tetras while cycling so if there is any uneaten food, it will stay stuck on the glass for me to remove, rather than dropping pellets (some floating and some sinking) in the aquarium.
    What are your thoughts on this product?
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  2. Tiny_Tanganyikans

Tiny_Tanganyikans Well Known Member Member

I use o-nips and freeze dried tubifex.. it depends on the ingredients it may not be suitable to be the primary diet.

3. OP
    OP
    XenoMarc

XenoMarc Valued Member Member

Thanks for the reply, here's the info about the Neptune Stickable Treats:  
    Do you think it'll be okay for neon tetras during a cycle, rather than sinking/floating pellets?

4. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

To be honest I think it would create more ammonia than normal food

5. Vxx7

Vxx7 Valued Member Member

I've got them, none of my fish will go near them but maybe that's personal preference. One thing I will say is that they don't stay in nice tablet form for long. After being in the water for a little while, they go all fluffy like frozen fish food does when you defrost it.

6. Tiny_Tanganyikans

Tiny_Tanganyikans Well Known Member Member

While they're not bad, I wouldn't use them as the sole diet. They can certainly be used as a treat once or twice a week.

I would look into slow sinking granules. That's what my little tetras prefer, I feed them a couple pinches at a time and they nom them up before they hit the botfom.

I don't know if you can cut those treats but with the big tubifex cubes I usually break them down into 1/8 and 1/4s for my smaller aquariums (20-40g) and put either halves or wholes in my larger aquariums. That was there's not an excess of waste. In my 300 gallon community I use only 3 cubes and even then there's sometimes waste

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice