Thoughts On Neptune Stickable Fish Food?

XenoMarc

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello.
While I was at a retail store, I was looking around in the pets area and I spotted this Neptune Stickable Fish Food for £1. I thought that it might be easier to feed the neon tetras while cycling so if there is any uneaten food, it will stay stuck on the glass for me to remove, rather than dropping pellets (some floating and some sinking) in the aquarium.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Thank you.

Vxx7

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've got them, none of my fish will go near them but maybe that's personal preference. One thing I will say is that they don't stay in nice tablet form for long. After being in the water for a little while, they go all fluffy like frozen fish food does when you defrost it.

Tiny_Tanganyikans

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
While they're not bad, I wouldn't use them as the sole diet. They can certainly be used as a treat once or twice a week.

I would look into slow sinking granules. That's what my little tetras prefer, I feed them a couple pinches at a time and they nom them up before they hit the botfom.

I don't know if you can cut those treats but with the big tubifex cubes I usually break them down into 1/8 and 1/4s for my smaller aquariums (20-40g) and put either halves or wholes in my larger aquariums. That was there's not an excess of waste. In my 300 gallon community I use only 3 cubes and even then there's sometimes waste

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom