Thoughts On My 60g?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by SLeroux, May 28, 2018.

1. SLeroux

SLeroux Valued Member Member

Would love your thoughts on my main tank. Still battling some algae but have the layout how I think I like it.

There is rotala growing in along the back which I think will fill out nicely. Still quite new but thought I'd share! IMG_20180528_175753.jpg

2. d

danhutchins Valued Member Member

That's going to look great when everything grows out.

3. emmysjj

emmysjj Well Known Member Member

That tank looks great! I’m jealous :shifty:

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Looks nice!

5. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Nice start.

6. jmaldo

jmaldo Well Known Member Member

:emoji_thumbsup:Looking Good.

7. phantom

phantom Valued Member Member

what fish :)

8. OP
    OP
    SLeroux

9. Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

Your tank looks great!!!

10. TexasDomer

There's a stocking issue if you'd like to discuss it :)

11. OP
    OP
    SLeroux

Yes please! What's the issue?

12. TexasDomer

The pearl gourami need warmer water than the peppered cories. 74 F is a good temp for your tank for the other fish though. What about a paradise gourami instead?

13. OP
    OP
    SLeroux

Ah thank you for letting me know! I had others suggest the pearl on here but I can definitely look into the paradise.

Not to change the subject but I posted another thread on here today about temp. I usually kept my tank at 76 (will lower that though) but with the hot weather it's sitting at 80 with the heater turned off and lid open for evaporation. Any thoughts?

14. biotopebuff

biotopebuff Valued Member Member

Do you have an adjustable heater? I have one, and I love it. They are very useful. This could help out. Also, the tank looks beautiful! I'm jealous.

15. TexasDomer

Adjustable heaters won't make the tank cooler.

If the tank stays pretty warm for most of the year, then I might look into warmer water fish. If it's just for a few months during the summer, the seasonal fluctuation isn't the worst thing as long as the other 9 months of the year the temp is where it's supposed to be.

16. OP
    OP
    SLeroux

I live in Canada so we don't get a ton of months that are warm! I'll keep an eye on it and leave the heater off for the time being.

17. Ulu

Ulu Well Known Member Member

If you reduce the water level so that the spray bars squirt streams of water into the air which then fall into the tank, that will cool the Water by evaporation and reduce the temperature of your tank a bit.

There are other options but they can get expensive.

18. OP
    OP
    SLeroux

Apologies for the re-reply. I was doing some research on the paradise Gourami and saw they can be quite agressive. Is this only to other gouramis? I am nervous to keep one with my tetras especially they are quite skiddish. Also the amano shrimp I am purchasing. Let me know!

19. TexasDomer

Paradise gourami are aggressive to other gouramis and similarly shaped fish, but peaceful tetra shouldn't be an issue.

20. OP
    OP
    SLeroux

Thank you! Thought it worth the double check

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice