Thoughts On Freeze-Dried Food - Is It Good, Or Just Good Enough (Or Bad)?

• Thread starter Zach72202
  • Start date

Zach72202

I was just wondering what others think of feeding their fish freeze dried food? I have whole shrimp and brine shrimp cubes freeze dried for days when I am feeling real lazy or run out of other food, kinda like the emergency food your grandma keeps in the back of the pantry for the end of the world lol.

The thing with it is that I somewhat feel bad when I feed it because I feel that it is not as good as feeding my puffers snails or frozen foods like I usually do. I feel as if it is not as good of nutrition, but they still gobble it like no tomarrow. Both are Omega One brand.
I normally feed snails almost every day of the week and if not, it is frozen bloodworms, mysis shrimp, or frozen brine shrimp (max 2 -3 times a week). Looking about adding beefheart to the mix there, but haven't bought any yet, not sure if it would even be very good for puffers...

Thoughts on this? Thanks for reading!

Mii

I don't see a problem with freeze dried.

qldmick

Well Known
I got a $1 container of freeze dried blood worms with an online order, the fish like it well enough but as they get dried food every day anyway I prefer to give them frozen foods a couple days a week as apposed to the freeze dried stuff.

smee82

I dont have a problem with it either. I freeze live bloodworms and daphnia myself.

Top Bottom