Thoughts on buying from LFS with recent ich outbreak

tuffcookie

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on buying from an LFS with a huge ich outbreak a week ago? I just went back to check them out and they mentioned that they lost a lot of fish and all the tetras but it’s all taken care of now and there are no visible signs on any of the fish.

Wondering if I should wait a few more weeks to buy from there or if it’d be better to just buy online. The only other place near me would be PetSmart which is probably a huge no

BlackSkirtTetra

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Probably not too good of an idea to buy from pet smart, but I’d wait a few more weeks and until you can be sure none of the current fish are likely to have ich. You could buy from online, there are some pretty good online retailers, but it depends on where you live and the temperatures there.

OP
tuffcookie

tuffcookie

Reaction score
BlackSkirtTetra said:
Probably not too good of an idea to buy from pet smart, but I’d wait a few more weeks and until you can be sure none of the current fish are likely to have ich. You could buy from online, there are some pretty good online retailers, but it depends on where you live and the temperatures there.
I live in Texas. Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking Imperial Tropicals based off how quickly they responded to my email and how willing they were to work out delivery. Since this would be my first time buying from online it’d be awesome to get more ideas

New Threads