Thoughts: is pantyhose “breathable” enough as a makeshift lid to keep snails from escaping?

Pbrown

Thanks everyone for the excellent advice on setting up my bowl for snails!

I treated my tap water with “aqua safe” in preparation. (I’ve been using distilled for the pothos plants that were propagating as it seems to do best for them, but replaced it with the treated tap water.)

I also went out to get a couple of mystery snails (blue and gold) who are “floating” now, preparing to be introduced to the bowl, and ended up hooking up an air stone at the recommendation of the “fish expert” at the store. (I had one from a tank we had previously. She was discouraging having snails without one.) I’m hoping it will help make it more habitable for the snails and anything else I might add.

so, now I’m trying to find a way to keep my snails from escaping. Do you think a “lid” made of panty-hose material would work? I was going to cut a slit so that my plants in their holder will still fit through, but thought the nylon would still have enough elasticity to keep the little guys in…

Thoughts or ideas are welcome!
Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 19

BigManAquatics

I think you should be alright. If you can take a few breaths through it, should be fine.

Upvote 0

Lucy

If you want another idea, plastic mesh craft sheets are great for this type of thing. It can be cut to fit.
If algae collects it can be easily wiped down,

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Skydognyc
Replies
Views
mastersafara
Replies
Views