Thought on this set up?

Kain

Reactions
Hi, the water will run through the filter sock then go down to the blue filter pad then polyfil then through the blue coarse sponge last before it gets to the media (seachem matrix, ceramic rings,...).Do you think set up is okay? Is the heater okay facing up like that or should I get a shorter heater and place it horizontally?

Attachments

Wrench

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
2 years
Maybe a layer of lava rock in between the blue foams to help evenly spread the water over all of the media and not a portion of it and it will also help slow flow so the top foam can fully saturate as well.
If that heater wont stand up right in the tank I would opt for a shorter one for aesthetic purposes and put it near the power head.

OP
K

Kain

Reactions
Wrench said:
Thank you!! Are those lava rocks from Lowes safe to use for aquarium? I like that heater a lot Im just wondering if its safe to placed it at the bottom like that since its either vertical or horizontal.

Wrench

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
2 years
I would believe they are safe yes, stuff you use in your tank doesnt nessesarily have to say for fish or aquarium on the bag lol.
I wouldnt see why you couldnt put the heater there.
It's your tank do it how you like :)

OP
K

Kain

Reactions
Wrench said:
I would believe they are safe yes, stuff you use in your tank doesnt nessesarily have to say for fish or aquarium on the bag lol.
I wouldnt see why you couldnt put the heater there.
It's your tank do it how you like :)
Haha you right!! Just wanna be safe thank you!

New Threads