Thought I Would Take A Couple Of Shots

1. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

before I start with the water changes and maintenance.

1. The 150 has been settling in nicely since it was set up 9 (?) months ago. There are several more plants that will be on their way soon. I am still trying to decide on a background. I am leaning to a bamboo curtain or straight black. I have done both in the past.
    _MG_8331-Edit.0.jpg

2. The 37 guppy aquarium. It is doing very well since the glass broke on the one it replaced two weeks ago. We did how ever loose one guppy and one green cory :( I am just glad I was 10' away when the front glass pane broke or we would have lost all the fish and plants. As it was, only ten gallons or so ended up in the basement through the floor.
    _MG_8334-Edit.0.jpg

2. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

1. Did you like the bamboo curtain? I always thought it was distracting. All black will make your new plants pop right?

2. I just know that’s what’s going to happen to my 40 long. That one chip is bad. But it holds water for now. I’m sorry you lost a guppy and a green Cory. :( I’m glad you were able to save the rest. New tank must be awesome! Where do you get your plants? And did you go with the bdbs?

3. TexasGuppy

TexasGuppy Well Known Member Member

Your water looks so clear... Mine is a constant struggle, but I know part of the problem is my Fluval 406 isn't moving much water at all.. What are those pipes in the 150, UV?
    I put a magnum booster in my tank but it's way to powerful to leave running. I tried to reduce the flow some, but the motor vibrated badly under reduced flow.

4. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

Hi Gyspy :)

I actually had the bamboo on a 37 guppy aquarium several years back (the one that broke actually) I liked it but the strands of bamboo were held together with very white cord. Very distracting. I have a aqua scene background to the 37 now.

I did go with the BDBS but the bag was mis marked so it is not the medium coarse but medium and a finer grit. I kind of wish I put pool filter sand in it. We have BDBS in all but Sunhawk's 55. Another light sub straight would have been nice.

The black does make the plants pop. But the pool filter sand also looks really good with the red tiger lotus and the darker Madagascar lace in the 55.

I have been getting my plants from AquariumPlants.com Here is the link AquariumPlants.com | Live Plants for Aquariums & Fish Tanks

I have been very pleased so far, and am getting ready to place another order. Sunhawk wants five more tigers in her 55, and I have need of more plants for the 150.

5. scarface

scarface Well Known Member Member

Those plants make that 150 look small :)

6. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

Thank you TexasGuppy :)

Yes I installed the Green killing machine on all the aquariums 2 weeks ago in the endless pursuit of perfect water for my photography. I ordered them all from Amazon. 9 watt units for each of the under 50 gallon aquariums and one 24 watt for the 55 aquarium and two 24 watt units for the 150. Sadly the two for the 150 did not work. I returned them to Amazon with no issues. I then spent the higher price and got them at our local PetSmart. All is well. I had to shut them all down for three days because I dosed with more Seachem Pristine, and it takes several days for it to come out of the water column and setup in the substrate and filters. Great stuff. The PFS is as bright and clean as the day I installed it over a month ago.

If you are thinking about switching filters give the Marineland Magniflow a look. I have three of them and love them. I plan to get two more.

They make my bank account look small too :D

7. Gypsy13

I’m still back and forth. I’ve got both bags of bdbs. And pool filter sand. Sometimes I want real sand and sometimes I want the black color. Help me........

8. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

Give in to the dark side get another aquarium and do both :)

9. TexasGuppy

TexasGuppy Well Known Member Member

I saw somebody had a tank setup that had two colors... Not sure what he used to separate it, but it looks kinda cool.

10. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

Several years ago I had a 46 bow front with white gravel and a "pool" of black sand for the squiggles to play in. I have looked but I can not find the files for that anywhere :(

11. Gypsy13

You are so not right! I am actually going to redo the 29 when I get the 40 done. Hmmm...:)

12. Gypsy13

Sounds interesting. Look again! Or, give in to the dark side and do it again. Bwahaha! :)

13. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

:D LOL