Thought I Made A Huge Mistake But…

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Wetpets, Apr 13, 2019.

1. WetpetsNew MemberMember

It’s been a while since I’ve posted something here, I guess it’s because things have been so stable with my tanks but I recently made a change.
    My 65g was looking a little sparse so I bought 8 black widow tetras to go with my 3 glass catfish and move the angelfish to my 75g cichlid tank. The cichlids that I have aren’t very aggressive; a female gold severum, a female convict, a male fire mouth, and a male bandit. They seemed to tolerate the new addition but the next day I found the angel in a corner with it’s tail fin shredded. I watched them more closely over the next few days but didn’t witness this aggression.
    About 2 weeks later the angel’s fins were healing and it was all over the tank harassing the other fish. What an adjustment period.
    It’s been 2 months now and the angel is perfectly fine and has found his place in the group. It is a cichlid after all.[ ]

2. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Good to hear they’ve settled down again :)

3. WetpetsNew MemberMember

Introducing a new cichlid into an established community can be scary. I was hopeful because of the low aggression levels of the other cichlids and the size of the tank.