Thought I Made A Huge Mistake But…

Wetpets

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It’s been a while since I’ve posted something here, I guess it’s because things have been so stable with my tanks but I recently made a change.
My 65 gallon was looking a little sparse so I bought 8 black widow tetras to go with my 3 glass catfish and move the angelfish to my 75 gallon cichlid tank. The cichlids that I have aren’t very aggressive; a female gold severum, a female convict, a male fire mouth, and a male bandit. They seemed to tolerate the new addition but the next day I found the angel in a corner with it’s tail fin shredded. I watched them more closely over the next few days but didn’t witness this aggression.
About 2 weeks later the angel’s fins were healing and it was all over the tank harassing the other fish. What an adjustment period.
It’s been 2 months now and the angel is perfectly fine and has found his place in the group. It is a cichlid after all.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good to hear they’ve settled down again

Wetpets

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Introducing a new cichlid into an established community can be scary. I was hopeful because of the low aggression levels of the other cichlids and the size of the tank.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads