those dang waterfleas Help

1. mizz_pyro Member Member

i have been in a never ending battle with what i beleive is water fleas, they are plentyful to the point that it looks like its snowing in my tank

i have done waterchanges every few days, i have limited the food my betta (who is unusually fat) eats. but these things arnt going away.

they even attach themselves to my bettas tail and i beleive they are contributing to his tail biting.

what can i do? i was thinking of putting some corys or other fish in there to eat them up but i dont know if it will work. does anyone have any ideas? these things are driving me nuts.

attached is a pic of the waterfleas, that is just one side of the tank after i had knocked most of them off the glass

Attached Files:

2. escapay Well Known Member Member

I'm not able to answer the question... but have my own to add since it is on the same topic.

I was told my 29 gallon has water fleas, but they are little black bugs that hang out at the top part of the aquarium (NOT in the water) and on the glass underside. Are these actually waterfleas or something else?

Either way... both don't sound fun to deal with.

3. mizz_pyro Member Member

that does not sound like waterfleas, you might have a differnet type of bug on your hands, ive never heard of a tank bug thats not in the water