"This woman is crazy" quote Cleo

lili70
.... "she changed my house again. The filter is too strong and my neighbours are 2 silly frogs .... hmmmm" quote Cleo the fish

55.jpg

There he is, Cleo in 10 gal new house.

56.jpg

L

armadillo
Cool! She's got a 10G! The lucky girl. Is she having fun exploring and stuff?

I love that piece of deco, and I'll bet she does too!

0morrokh
Wow, bet he loves the new tank. Very handsome Betta, love the color of his fins.

COBettaCouple
lol, I love that expression!

lili70
More adjusting to new home PICS

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg
L

0morrokh
Love the pics. Looks like he's loving exploring his new home.

voiceless_kat
I love these pictures, he has the longest fins!!! Thanks for sharing.

Tazmiche
What a sweet bunch of pics!! I guess none betta owners think we are mad when we say we can see their thoughts by their eyes and face but you CAN see a clear thought process going on ih those pics!! When the jaw is 'clamped' shut they are not happy, a relaxed jaw, a couple of teeth peeking out they are letting you off with your bad deed!! So funny!

COBettaCouple
Great pics! You should enter some in the monthly picture contest.

lili70
Thanks a lot. He is a big betta ... 8cm. His long fins looks great when he flares.
Even a 5gal looks small for him so I got him this 10 g. He's been through a lot so I decided to give him the best in his life .... worth 120 $ and the "looks" from my husband.
Thanks for kind words.
L

voiceless_kat
Thanks a lot. He is a big betta ... 8cm. His long fins looks great when he flares.
Even a 5gal looks small for him so I got him this 10 g. He's been through a lot so I decided to give him the best in his life .... worth 120 $ and the "looks" from my husband.
Thanks for kind words.
L

Ditto on the $120 and looks from the husband! He's a beauty!

Val

COBettaCouple
It's really worth it when they are happy and enjoying the room to swim. We are in the process of moving our bettas into 6.6g bookshelf tanks. Only Aslan has a 10 gallon tank. Our other Bettas were all in 2.5g tanks (we went wild at a Betta show and had to get 4 tanks on a limited budget ).
8 cm is an above average size for a Betta Splendens. ;D Only Teddy Bear is that size of our Bettas.

Do you have any pics of the whole tank? Is he still in "exploring" mode?

Thanks for kind words.
L

lili70
It's really worth it when they are happy and enjoying the room to swim. We are in the process of moving our bettas into 6.6g bookshelf tanks. Only Aslan has a 10 gallon tank. Our other Bettas were all in 2.5g tanks (we went wild at a Betta show and had to get 4 tanks on a limited budget ).
8 cm is an above average size for a Betta Splendens. ;D Only Teddy Bear is that size of our Bettas.

Do you have any pics of the whole tank? Is he still in "exploring" mode?

I have 3 of the girls in a 5 g with dividers and doing well. That's all I can offer them right now. They were rescued from Petsmart (ironic) when little and sick. They all had shredded fins and were letargic, colorless in that jar.
Gipsy - the 4th girl is in a 10 g but she is not growing anymore.
I'll take some pics of Cleo's tank.
Cleo got comfortable and looks like enjoing the ride on current now. He is still exploring the caves ... I took some pics of Cleo to bigAl store looking for help with his fin rot and they asked me if I was willing to breed him becaus they liked his size. I said no.
Thanks.
L

PS: look at my neons pictures .... big ones. I think it's from frozzen food.

lili70
10 G

129.jpg

130.jpg

Cleo

131.jpg

132.jpg

133.jpg
L

PS: The "peace of mind" corner

134.jpg

Barbrella
What a beautiful big boy, and how happy he looks checking out his new digs!! It's so easy to see how much they like room to move and things to look at.

Just an FYI: When I bought decorations, I was quite suprised at how rough and sharp the edges can be - especially the inside parts. I ended up sanding them all smooth before giving them to my betta.

lili70
What a beautiful big boy, and how happy he looks checking out his new digs!! It's so easy to see how much they like room to move and things to look at.

Just an FYI: When I bought decorations, I was quite suprised at how rough and sharp the edges can be - especially the inside parts. I ended up sanding them all smooth before giving them to my betta.
\
Yes, I did that too. But what you see in his tail is fin rot and I have tried everything. There are no meds left to try on him.
Thank for nice words.
L

COBettaCouple
Yea, sometimes we have to make due with less space than we'd like but more frequent water changes helps and it sure beats them dying in the cups at the store.

Kairi, one of our female Bettas, keeps asking me if I'd be willing to breed our big Betta, Teddy Bear. lol those 2 love flirting with each other.

I have 3 of the girls in a 5 g with dividers and doing well. That's all I can offer them right now. They were rescued from Petsmart (ironic) when little and sick. They all had shredded fins and were letargic, colorless in that jar.

I took some pics of Cleo to bigAl store looking for help with his fin rot and they asked me if I was willing to breed him becaus they liked his size. I said no.

That's what prompted us to go to flat glass marbles. They loe to drag those tail fins over the substrata. Have you tried a 10-day course of TriSulfa (or 8-day course of Triple Sulfa) combined with daily doses of Rid-Fungus, VitaChem and Fish Protector? We found that to be the most effective treatment of our 1 Betta who had gravel substrata and has battled fin rot since March.

what you see in his tail is fin rot and I have tried everything. There are no meds left to try on him.

lili70
In his new fish tank Cleo has a better gravel, very polished. I am not sure about the castle but should be safe (I polished the edges).
Anyway, for a while I am done with meds, I am really tired of trying.
Frequent water changes is my middle name. I'll just add some Vitachem and salt and hope for the better.
I am not even thinking of putting a female next to Cleo. He will kill her.
Thank you !
L

COBettaCouple
well, Teddy & KairI are in separate tanks so they can only see each other, but they'll have to settle for flirting - we have nowhere to put the fry.

I'm not sure about using salt on a Betta unless it was an extreme case of dropsy. I believe the salt has a dehydrating effect on them.

lili70
Oh my ! Aquarium salt is bad for bettas ?
L

0morrokh
Salt has that same effect on all Freshwater fish, but that doesn't mean it's bad to use for treating disease (except for scaleless fish which can't tolerate it). I've given a Betta salt baths before and he didn't react negatively to it. As long as the salt is not excessive and is used for a reason (disease) then imo it's fine to use with Bettas.

COBettaCouple
Omorrokh is right. Aquarium salt isn't bad, but we keep ours with the other "meds" in the fish supplies cabinet.

0morrokh
Yeah, I personally treat salt as a med only and wouldn't add it to a Freshwater tank routinely.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sirdarksol
Replies
Views
Jonathan P
Replies
Views
Nephilibata
Replies
Views