This Sunsun Canister Filter Getting Rid Of My... Green Water?!?!

Homeslice

Well Known
Reaction score
I've had this 55 gallon aquarium outside now for at least a month. Smack, dab in the middle of the extremely bright and hot Houston sunshine, absolutely no shade. Green water built up.... as you can imagine... like a thick soup.

But this SunSun canister filter, I hook it up out there and get it running, and maybe about 30 hours later the water has gone from a green soup consistency to not-too-far-away from being clear?!?! Amazing! Can this really take care of the problem without a UV light, which has come in but I have not hooked up yet?

Amazing if so!

K6pXlkz.jpg

Skavatar

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
is that the B version with the UV light? are you keeping the SunSun on there permanently?

my 304B cleared up my patio pond in a week with its built in UV, and its been clear since April.

OP
H

Homeslice

Well Known
Reaction score
Hmmm, it actually is the one with the UV light Skavatar. I had assumed it was not working because I ran the filter without the glass bulb and thought the water would ruin the metal connections. But let me see if by any chance it is on, that would explain a lot if it was on and doing its thing! The water is almost crystal clear right now.

New Threads