This makes me so angry!!

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I found this bit of horror while searching for Betta pics!  > > >

How could anyone treat an animal like this! The poor fish is living in a tiny FILTHY cup and has almost no tail left, and then this cruel idiot has to torture it too?!!
The other videos aren't much better. Almost all the Bettas are living in tiny bowls and vases!

It just makes me cry! :'(

Aurora

Reaction score
Now I'm feeling sick on my stomach!!!!! I signed to have it flagged, as I'm sure you did as well..........

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have not checked out the video, I am not even going to do it. Your description alone sounds sadistic (not your words, but what the person in the video must be doing to the Betta). I couldn't look at it as it would make me cry right away. I don't want to look at the fish suffering. But I do hope the person who is torturing the fish will get exactly what he/she deserves.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am speechless

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Pet stores should not sell pets to teenage boys! Most of them are cruel, ignorant psychos! I know not all are like that but I've met so many who think it's funny to hurt animals!  If I knew who this guy was I'd kick the **** out of him myself!

There are millions of other fish, hamsters/gerbils, birds, dogs and cats suffering miserably because of the cruelty inflicted on them by children who's parents don't care what they are doing! I hate it when parents give a child a pet as a TOY and don't teach them to respect this helpless creature! I think these parents (AND their kids!) should go to prison! > >

ebbandflow

Valued Member
Reaction score
...careful, I happen to know a teenage boy very well and he's not a cruel ignorant psycho. This boy is very cruel but please dont let his actions speak for all or even the majority of boys.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes there have been some very fine young fish daddies that I have known and they make wonderful fish owners. They care and love their little ones as much as I do and we have to be so careful in making sweeping judgements. It is unfortunate that there are cruel and unfeeling people in the world and that they find these types of things "cute" and worthy of showing off. It is a really sad commentary on the way fish are thought of and it seems especially bettas.

I am so sad.

Rose

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry if it offends you, but in my experience and my life the MAJORITY of teenage boys are cruel to animals! They think it's cool! I'm not saying all are. My brother wasn't, but he was raised better. I work with teenage boys and I am forced to listen every day at lunch as they brag about how they drowned a puppy in a fishtank, sodomized a cat with a pair of sunglasses and kicked it across the room, beat their dogs almost to death for peeing on the rug and more nightmarish tales than I care to write! They think getting drunk at parties and hurting animals is "funny". Calling the humane society on these psychopaths is pointless. I've tried. They claim they can't do anything. I can barely keep myself from sticking a fork in one of their eyes when I hear this.  I want to beat their mothers for giving birth to these spawns of Satan!   >
If anyone here is the mother of a teenager, or a teenager himself this doesn't apply to you since the very fact you are here learning about how to better care for your fish shows you are a decent person.

LarryDavid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Compared to all of you im a youngster hehe

The majority of teenage boys?

Sorry but its the 20% utter twating kids so i strongly disagree with you on that phlox and please dont post nothing that emplies most young kids are evil

*edited by Mike

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You are free to disagree. We all have different perspectives and sadly most of the boys I've known are like that. I wish I didn't know these people but I do. I'm glad that you aren't one of them. It's nice to know that there are some good ones out there.

LarryDavid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry for my language

I had to stop it after i saw him twirl the thing round, all you could do is report the video

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Phloxface said:
Pet stores should not sell pets to teenage boys! Most of them are cruel, ignorant psychos! I know not all are like that but I've met so many who think it's funny to hurt animals!  If I knew who this guy was I'd kick the **** out of him myself!

There are millions of other fish, hamsters/gerbils, birds, dogs and cats suffering miserably because of the cruelty inflicted on them by children who's parents don't care what they are doing! I hate it when parents give a child a pet as a TOY and don't teach them to respect this helpless creature! I think these parents (AND their kids!) should go to prison!  > >
!!! Hey!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think this is getting off subject here. We are discussing the cruelty to this poor fish and not the fitness of a certain age group to own pets. It is a terrible thing to watch and an awful thing to have to think about having happened to a poor creature that had no way out and could not defend itself but I am not sure that any segment of the population has a lock on the cruelty market. Let us not begin to argue amongst ourselves. We are all on the same side after all. (the fish's side)

Rose

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes, let's.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I agree with both sides here (Sorry for coming back to the subject!) A lot of young boys do tend to torture animals for some reason, and it really disturbs me. However, NOT ALL boys do that, therefore we shouldn't be judging ALL boys based on the percentage of those who do it. In all groups of people, there are the good and the bad ones, not just among young boys. As for the mean young boys who torture animals, there must be some serious underlying psychological cause for which they do it. They were not born this way. So it must be the way there were (and are being) raised. My family has always taught me to love and respect all life (all animals) and I've grown up always having some pets. I believe this is why I love animals so much and am so sensitive to any animal cruelty. These cruel boys must have been in some way neglected by parents, or spoiled in the wrong direction, to be torturing animals this way. A normal child/teenager, who is raised with love and care, will not torture animals. It all has its roots somewhere. People are not born "good" or "bad" (save for certain genetic predispositions; but even with these, there are often also required environmental factors to help the genetic risk become a reality). What people become depends on the way they are raised.

ebbandflow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Rose,

As always you're the voice of reason. Thanks for reminding us where our focus should be on this issue.

Ebb

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
That poor fish!! I don't know how anybody can treat any living creature like that. Anytime I see anything like that, whether it's on the news or where it is I want to cry. Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If we begin to argue among ourselves we lose track of what we are here for and we are here to help the ones who have questions and need help. If the people who come here for help just get caught in an argument we lose the point of our forum. It is my job to keep us on point. Thank you for helping.

Rose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well said Rose. I also want to add that we should be careful about what we say about certain groups of people because we don't know everything about everyone on this forum. It is not fair to accuse a whole group of people based on a few instances, and as Rose pointed out arguing about these things is losing sight of what we are actually here for -- as well as possibly offensive to some people.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom