This Just In: Tasty Salsa Saves Frogs!

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Right now, I'm enjoying a burrito and saving frogs at the same time. Frog Ranch, which makes an absolutely wonderful chipotle salsa (maybe a bit mild, and not enough of that smoky taste, but still really good, and it doesn't have any preservatives or other added garbage) donates five percent of its income to Five for the Phibs, which provides funds for groups that are researching the decline of amphibians around the globe, and to preserving amphibian habitats.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh cool!

I was watching an interesting program on PBS about a month ago on the decline of the world's frog population.
It was mainly geared toward reseach on the Chytrid Fungus.

nicksherman

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Lucy,
Do you remember the name of the program on PBS or any identifying details? For example, PBS in what city, around what day/week/month did you see it? I'm currently working on a documentary about the decline of frogs and would love to reference this show you mentioned.
Thanks,
Nick

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
HI Nick, welcome to FishLore!
Give me a few minutes I can find the exact date it aired and the approximate time.
I guess the closest city would be Nashville cause it sure wouldn't be my rink dink town. lol

Edit: It aired on Nashville Public Television, Sunday April 25, 2010 late morning/early afternoon.
I was on my way out so I missed the beginning and end.
I'd also be interested in your documentary.

Hey, if you find the clip, link it, I'd love to see it in it's entirety.

Edit: National Geographic had an interesting peice in one of their magazines last year. I forget what month.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I didn't catch the name of it. It could have been.
When I get a chance, I'll watch the full video.

Hope it helped with your research.

Edit: Sirdarksol, sorry for the hi-jack.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads