this is horrible.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by brokenwing, Mar 24, 2010.

1. b

brokenwing Well Known Member Member

I was searching craigslist, and look what I found. The piranhas dont seem to have much room left. 

2. c

click Well Known Member Member

wow, poor fish :( Some people either have no clue how cruel that is or they trully don't care. Sad

3. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

That's insane! Hopefully, someone will come along that can give them a proper sized home and care for them the way they deserve.

4. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

yeah, or someone will buy the setup and then think, "only 2 fish in such a big tank? I should add some guppies and tetras!"

5. OP
    OP
    b

brokenwing Well Known Member Member

I dont understand what some people think, but wow two pirahnas in a 20 gallon.

6. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

That would result in the most traumatic experience in the person's life. Assuming the pirahnas have enough room to turn around and go after the prey.

BTW, what will happen to a fish if it can't turn around in its tank (like a pacu in a 10 gallon tank)

7. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning.

Sad for sure! When a fish is housed in a home/tank that is too small the fish become stunted and may have a shorter life span. It can also cause the spine to curve and the fish looks deformed.

Ken

8. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

I don't think this guy has visited Fishlore yet! Someone give him our web address please! :whistling:

And I don't think this person has done his homework on these fish yet. Probably thinks it's nice to own some, so 'wow, i'll just buy two and put 2 in my nice tank!' PLEASE, HE's gotta visit Fishlore. We'll teach him a proper good lesson!

9. t

trailblazer295 Well Known Member Member

It seems there condition won't improve the piranhas aren't included.

10. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

Actually, the pirahna species in general has been greatly abused as an aquarium fish from people who buy them just to see their feeding abilities. Don't think that'll happen unless it's a school of at least 20 in a 8000 gallon tank or something.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice