This is cool!

Discussion in 'Blue Lobster' started by Furallicah, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Ok, so went to my LFS yesterday, the new one I fount that is amazing and truely cares for its fish. Well....I walked into the back room where they have their fish tanks full of all kinds of fish. I started looking around passing the feeder goldfish tank not really careing for them. Well I finish looking at the 8inch JD's and head back to the front of the store for a 16oz bottle of prime and a 8oz bottle of garlic guard, I also picked up a few new things for my new 25gal tank. Well I was talking to the store manager when I heard a kid yell for his mom to which he pointed to the tank and said look at this crab. The mother said he didnt want it because his leg was hurt and he was in a bad tank. I asked the Manager what they were talking about she said she had an electric blue crayfish in that tank.....so what do I do I go look at it. I feel sorry for the little thing hes surrounded by hundreds of goldfish and is missing his front claw and two of his left feet. I wanted to buy him but didnt have a tank for him. Well I got the 25gal set up for my Oranda. Not knowing what to do with her old 10gal tank the crayfish poped into me head....I rushed to the LFS hopeing he was still there. Once getting there I ran to the fish room and looked into the feeder fish. I didnt see him and got sad....but then he came crawling over one of the lava rocks and still in the same condition he was in last time I saw him. So I bought him and 6 of the feeders. Well I only keepth two of the feeders the rest went to my Oscar for a nice little snak. Well the crayfish is names Eli and he is the funniest little thing I have ever owned. I'm so happy I got him he is very pretty. I'll try to post up a picture of him but I'm having problems with picture uploads right now. ;D

Btw he is in my orandas old 10gal tank with the two feeder fish.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  2. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

My LFS sells those too... very awesome looking, I agree! :)

I hope your little guy does okay for you, since he's kind of in "battered" condition.

3. Alcmiller

Alcmiller Valued Member Member

I look forward to seeing some pictures of Eli =) It'll be great to hear about you healing your little crayfish up now.

4. OP
    OP
    Furallicah

I just noticed a little while ago one of his legs is starting to grow back its really little but its there. When he molts his shell it should have a chance to grow back out almost fully. Ill keep you all updated. Here is a video of him if you all didnt see it in the freshwater aquarium video section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGOx9nwxf8

You can see how he struggles to walk....he's having to use one of his smaller frontal claws to move around with. I feel so sorry for the little guy.

5. Alcmiller

Alcmiller Valued Member Member

Dang.. he is pretty pretty beat up isn't he? Get better soon Eli =D

6. OP
    OP
    Furallicah

Like I said those goldfish were so mean to him....Now he is in a good home. Actually I had to take him and the goldies out for a while today while I added more sand and a plant to his tank. He had a rock in there that I bought a few days ago. I noticed that the rock curved inward so I removed some of the sand under it and sat it up on a smaller rock creating a cave. Well when I put him back into the tank he apparently didnt like it enough so he crawled up under the rock and started digging it out more. So no there are two chambers to the rock and a tunnel connecting one side to the other and from the front to back...lol. It was so fun watching him dig under it, now he sits there all the time :p ;)

7. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

He is very pretty, though. The thing I like about crayfish is that they have such a personality! Don't be surprised if he decideds to rearrange all the tank ornaments!

8. OP
    OP
    Furallicah

I know I read how they can sometimes move plants around all over the place lol. I was thinking about turning his tank into a live planted tank, but im still working out the inner details to that one and checking my money. lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice