This is aquarium addicts anonymous right?

• Thread starter catphish
  • Start date

catphish

Hello Everyone,

New member, long time lurker - I'm currently living in Ontario and have been keeping planted aquariums and vivariums for about 2 and half 3 years now I am a research nerd and just love soaking up as much information about my hobbies and passions as possible!

I currently have 2 aquariums running and a 3.5 gallon cherry shrimp "maternity ward" bowl.

My pride and joy is a 29 gallon aquarium that houses a small school of 6 emperor tetras, 5 kuhli loaches, 6 sterbai corydoras, 3 pepper corydoras, 5 amano shrimp, 1 bamboo shrimp, 4 male sword tail endlers, 3 assassin snails and 1 sweet as pie female veil tail betta named Dame Edna.

My other aquarium is a "under construction" black water 10 gallon that a crown tail female betta named Ruth Betta Ginsburg and 4 impossible to catch lightning fast guppy fry with a smattering of ramshorn snails.

Excited to post and get to know everyone!

Mhamilton0911

Well Known
Well hello there!

I would love to have actual pictures to go along with those smashing descriptions :)

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Welcome! Yeah Im sure you will find some fishaholics here! ;)

kansas

aquarium addicts unanimous is more like it.

MrFishkeeper1

Finally someone who loves to research and likes similar fish as me! Welcome and don't be afraid to ever ask questions even if they seem stupid.

catphish

You won't ever have to ask me twice to post tank pics!
This is my 29 and some of its inhabitants, it still has a lot of growing in to do as it is a fairly new set up
IMG_6907.jpg
2 of my pretty boy endlers
IMG_6712.jpg
My emperor boys have really started to show off their colours
IMG_6927.jpg
and then my sweet Dame Edna
IMG_6876.jpg
This is my 10 gallon that has not reached its final form yet, I harvested a lot of plants from this tank to build the 29 and will be completely rescaping it over the coming months
IMG_6966.jpg
Here's a nice pic of Ruthie baby - sorry for the reflection its hard to get good pictures in this tank because of it's location in my apartment
IMG_6902.jpg
and then lastly is my little maternity ward/RCS grow out bowl. Once they aren't snack sized they'll transition into my other tanks
IMG_5952.JPG

RayClem

I am new to this forum, but have been in the hobby for many decades. However, if this forum is anything like the shaving forums in which I participate, the forum is far more likely to facilitate your addiction to the hobby than provide help to overcome your addiction. That being the case, enjoy the hobby and enjoy participation in the forum. There are many rabbit holes you can gleefully explore.

Koneko

Hello and welcome. Nice tank and endlers.

mimo91088

Well Known
We're more like a bunch of enablers. Welcome aboard! Go buy more tanks.

Basil

Well Known
Welcome! Absolutely gorgeous tanks!
And yes, Fishlore=Fishaholics Lol!
You’ll find an absolutely wonderful group of enablers here! Says she after she just finished setting up tank #6. :rolleyes:

RayClem

Basil said:
Welcome! Absolutely gorgeous tanks!
And yes, Fishlore=Fishaholics Lol!
You’ll find an absolutely wonderful group of enablers here! Says she after she just finished setting up tank #6. :rolleyes:
The rule of thumb when asked how many tanks you should have is to respond "Just one more, just one more."

Mhamilton0911

Well Known
catphish how do like the emperor tetras?? I've been eyeballing them, wondering how they do?

catphish

Mhamilton0911 said:
catphish how do like the emperor tetras?? I've been eyeballing them, wondering how they do?
I really love them, when I was researching them a lot of people say they should be labelled as semi-aggressive and while I will admit that they have become a little nippy. They keep it amongst themselves for the most part and its really fun to watch the males do their little dance at the females and other males (my LFS only had 3 females and 3 males so I rolled the dice hoping a larger school would keep the squabbling to themselves instead of the male vs everyone else).

The only other nipping I have seen is directed towards the endlers because they are little casanovas trying to show off to the female tetras but they are quick enough and small enough to zoom away in the nick of time.

I saw one male try to front on my female betta and she just shot him a daggered stare and he swam away to hide behind the driftwood.

All in all very entertaining fish, hoping everyone stops the nipping once territories are established

SinisterCichlids

Ruth Betta Ginsberg ... absolutely amazing. What a legend

Top Bottom