This is a rasbora? Possibly mosquito?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by trijohn, Jan 3, 2013.

1. trijohnValued MemberMember

Hi everyone. Apparently these are mosquito rasboras, guy at the store wasn't too sure however. I'd like to confirm. I can try and get better pictures if needed.

Attached Files:

2. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

That's an Endler.

3. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

LFS strikes again

4. EthanWell Known MemberMember

5. trijohnValued MemberMember

hmmmm ok. These should be ok to keep in a 10 gallon right? I got five endlers and two guppies. And two cory cats on the bottom. AqAdvisor says I'm at 95% stocking.

6. EthanWell Known MemberMember

unless you want your guppies and endlers breeding which i am 95% sure they can. i would take the 2 guppies back and buy another endler :eek:

7. kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

If those are pure endlers (kinda hard to tell from the picture) it would be in poor taste to keep them with guppies ;) Endlers are actually endangered in the wild, so aquarists prefer to not breed them with guppies and make fish mutts. If they're already guppy-endler hybrids, then it would be fine. :)

8. trijohnValued MemberMember

Ugh. The place I got these guys at, privately owned fish store, prices tend to be lower. But service and knowledge are seemingly very lacking. I'm disappointed. Probably have to start looking for somewhere else.

I'll give it some thought. Do some research on breeding and fry. Can't return or trade in the guppies at this point.

9. trijohnValued MemberMember

Really? I see. I mean, I'm not sure what they are between the two. But I will give the store a call. Quick stocking question, if I do just donate the guppies back to a store, how many endlers total could I have in my tank with the five I have right now and the two cory cats?

10. kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

Endlers have pretty small bioload contributions. Assuming you're talking about the 10 gallon, I'd say that 10ish total would be fine, so maybe five more? I'd wait for someone else to confirm though. :)

11. EthanWell Known MemberMember

i would do 8 in total it is a nice solid number :D

12. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

They breed kinda fast on their own so don't bother buying more XP. Cory need to be in schools of 5+ and need tanks at least 20gals in size. This includes all but panda and pygmy cory.

13. kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

Oh yeah, I meant 10ish assuming you had all males. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice