This is a Fin Rot?

1. edgardcafe Member Member

Hello!
    I'm not sure if it is a Fin Rot or something else.... the guppies are heath and I was observing and she has something on the tail ..I already increased the temperature to 82 F ( since yesterday) and add some API aquarium Salt and just 20 minutos ago add 5ml of Melafix.. she still doing health I think it's the beginning of the infection.
    I already check the pH 7.6
    High range pH 7.4
    Ammonia 0
    Nitrites 0
    Nitrates 5.0

Any help will be appreciate...
    [​IMG]<br />
    [​IMG]<br />
    [​IMG]<br />
    [​IMG]

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumping this up for you

3. cjbart1009 Member Member

Yes it does look like fin rot. But it's early and maybe you can remedy this before it gets worse. You can treat with melafix or aquarium salt.

What I've been doing lately after some research is putting the sick fish in a separate container and putting almond leaves in it to release tannins. Tannins has antibacterial properties and is also good for the overall health of the fish.

4. edgardcafe Member Member

I was observing and I think today she is better than yesterday ..yesterday she was swimming like crazy didn't stop a second! And today she is swimming like the others and eating from the rocks as normal. .. I just add another 5ml of Melafix and the temperature still at 82F and lights is off ..before the melafix I also add 1 tablespoon of aquarium Salt.
    I also gave as treat some brine shrimp ..and they get crazy !!

5. cjbart1009 Member Member

Hmm you don't think melafix together with salt is too much? Cause I would just do 1 or the other. If they're doing fine then I guess it's alright.

6. edgardcafe Member Member

I read somewhere and watched on youtube about melafix and salt ..I add just a little bit of Salt I will not add anymore..I just continue the treatment for 7 days with melafix and on the 7 day I will do 50% water change....

7. edgardcafe Member Member

After 4 days of treatment she is doing much better also she is very pregnant!! She is big !! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. edgardcafe Member Member

She was health and deliveried 3 days ago and since yesterday she looks sick again...but I think is something different!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. cjbart1009 Member Member

Did you do a water change? Your tank is cycled right?

10. edgardcafe Member Member

Yesterday I finished the treatment for 8 days with melafix and I did 50%water changed .. she was doing fine ..I don't know what's happen ..I was observing and after she deliveried she got weak.
    And I think 2 more guppies are sick!

11. edgardcafe Member Member

She didn't make it!

12. cjbart1009 Member Member

Did you check the water parameters? I would do a water change again if I were you.

13. edgardcafe Member Member

Yes I did. Ammonia 0, nitrite 0 , pH 7.8 and nitrates 5.0

14. cjbart1009 Member Member

Hmm. There's must be something else. I can't really help much because I have never experienced something like that. Maybe there's a virus in your tank.

15. edgardcafe Member Member

I hope not ...I was checking just now and find 3 of my Guppies inside the filter already Dead !

16. cjbart1009 Member Member

It's hard to tell what kind of treatment you should do because we both don't know what's going on in your tank. Hopefully someone that has more experience with this can comment.

17. Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

18. edgardcafe Member Member

I'd never tried it .it's a good medication ?

19. Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

I've never tried that one but I've used other api medications with success. I do keep that on hand but have not had to use it.

20. edgardcafe Member Member

Well..I gonna go now to the petstore to buy it. ..thanks for your advice.