This has to be the most OVERCROWDED tank ever! Funny

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Stocking' started by ViridiosExotics, Apr 14, 2010.

1. ViridiosExotics

ViridiosExoticsValued MemberMember

2. ppate1977

ppate1977Well Known MemberMember

That's sad. Very expensive and beatiful fish too. If one can afford those fish, why the heck don't they just buy a larger tank. There have got to be $500 worth of fish in there.

3. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Unbelieveable. Those beautiful fish aren't going to be around for long.

4. platy ben

platy benWell Known MemberMember

Watching that video has annoyed me a lot! Thats extremely cruel! A lot of those fish aren't even full grown! The piccasso trigger and the harlequin sweetlips would probably triple in size in a big enough tank! :(

5. peacemaker92

peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

I guess they don't realize what they've done... :(

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Geez, I'm pretty new to saltwater, but even I know that's way overstocked.

Those are some absolutely gorgeous fish and it seems like such a horrible waste of life.

7. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Wow...even a triggerfish in there. I'm sure the person bought the fish that big....

8. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

My jaw dropped when I looked at that video. How does ANYONE not know that's a problem. My 5-year old would realize that.

9. OP
    OP
    ViridiosExotics

ViridiosExoticsValued MemberMember

I'm still in shock even hours later!!!

10. midthought

midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

I don't even know anything about saltwater and think that tank looks plainly and cruelly overstocked. That big tiger-striped fish on the left with the pink duster-looking tail looks particularly miserable. :(

11. Mike

MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

People with more money than brains it seems.

12. If you were willing to spend the kind of money those fish must cost, why wouldn't you want to get them a good ( large ) home ?

That's sad !!!

13. FLGirl

FLGirlWell Known MemberMember

14. locoyo386

locoyo386Well Known MemberMember

Not to ruin your flamming of this video, but why is the assumption that the fish are there permanently? It never occured to anyone that maybe the tank/tanks they were in cracked or brocked and they are there for a short time. Sure the tank is small but when something unexpected happens, you have to do with what you have. I rather put fish in that small tank than let them die, that is untill I can fix the situation or problem. I find it funny how people draw conclusion when not enough information is given. Although I have seen small tanks with lots of fish in them in Asia. To them, that is the norm for keeping saltwater fish. The moral of the story is do not assume things and judge on that assumption, but rather learn from what you see and try to understand what could happen to your tanks and be prepare to deal with it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  15. locoyo386

I did not see a Picasso Triger in there.

16. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

I don't want to start up some crazy debate here, but
    1) It is MUCH more likely that this person keeps the fish that way on purpose than your scenario... if you are in an emergency situation with your fish, do you really take videos of it and post them on youtube?
    2) If it is the emergency situation you describe, then I am even more appalled. If you KNOW this is a horrible, temporary solution to a problem, posting a video of it on youtube is irresponsible. People will watch this video and think it is fine for the fish to live that way. It encourages cruelty.

I...ahem...am getting off the soapbox now. Forgive my outburst please.

17. midthought

midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

If it's the case that it's a temporary rehome and the person knows how overcrowded it is, there is *zero* indication of it anywhere. It's only titled "Salt Water Fish 10 Gallons (Newbie)" which in my view doesn't support the idea that it's a temporary or emergency situation at all. Of the three pages of comments (virtually all negative), the original poster has not commented back or amended his video description with anything (and that's typically what I see when videos are flamed on youtube). There's also no other aquarium-related video of his in the other 8 or so he has on youtube -- which isn't ****ing or that big a deal, but it's all circumstantial. I'm not going to disagree with you that people should be better prepared to deal with problems in the tank, but judging someone who puts something like that out there without explanation is natural, I think, and far from unreasonable.

Edit: Just to clarify, I was not cursing with the bleeped out **** word above, but rather trying to describe evidence when it is "causing or leading condemnation or ruin" as per Merriam-Webster. :p

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  18. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

+1.

If this was an emergency situation, why in the world would the person choose a 10 gallon tank over a big Rubbermaid container? It's not like those are expensive.

19. locoyo386

Not to defend the people that posted that video because I do not know the personal reason they did it nor do I know the intentions they did it with. The fact is the fact; Those fish are in a small tank, regarless of the reason. That much I do understand. If I knew a person that talked their language, wich does not seem to be english to me, maybe I could ask them to translate what it's being said in the video. To imply a reason for doing it is to assume that reason. I did not assume that was the reason for doing what is being done in that video. I simlpy wanted to point out that making assumption on the reason or intensions of what they did it is just as bad as wht was done in the video. Whatever the reason is for doing what they did, it can be said that it is in bad taste to post it on youtube. Without anyfurther information, that's the most I can say.

20. locoyo386

Persnally I take videos of everything with respect to my fish. However I do not post all of them online. As far as what is morelikely, I can't really say. Like I mentioned before aswell, in Asia they keep their fish in very small tanks aswell. They consider that normal. However if that is the case, and they are keeping the fish in that small tank, than yes I would I agree the tank is relatively small for some of those fish to live in it.

I would agree, but once again I would be making assumption as to what the reason for doing it, s. If they think that, than they are also making the assumption that it is. It is not very smart to take a single opinion as the only opinion. Thus the people assuming that, would also share that ignorance.

No probelm, we all have our opinons.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice