This Better Stop The Glass Surfing!

Wystearya

20190628_172242.jpg

My new betta has been glass surfing like crazy. So, today I added even more silk plants and a green/camo style background. I sure hope this stops it. I've tried many different light setting, decor in the problem corner, black paper on the outside.. Nothing has helped.

At least now with the new plant jammed in his problem corner he literally can't get there like before.

I'll let you know if this helps. Water changes are going to be a bit more difficult now. But, if it stops his crazy glass surfing it will be worth it!

Crimson_687

Opinions differ on this, but from my experience when the lighting in the tank is well, but the light outside the tank is dI'm or off the glass becomes reflective and the betta will see his reflection

Wystearya

I've tried all the light options I have. Nothing seems to help.

Could you be more specific? Should the tank light be brighter or dimmer? How should the room be lit? Time.of day doesn't seem to matter for this behavior. Unless all lights are off and we are sleeping, he glass surfs.

wolfdog01

I keep my room as bright as I can and the tank less so. It helped with my boy's flaring issue because of the reflection. As far as glass surfing, mine finally stopped after two or three weeks after I first got him.

Wystearya

Thankfully, this is helping. While the glass surfing hasn't totally stopped, it's much less than it was. He will now explore more and doesn't only swim back and forth.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Doom
  • Question
Replies
Views
thatfishlover122
  • Question
Replies
Views