This 10g stocking plan ok?

GoldfishRescueStory

Hi,
Im getting a new 10g tank! This is my stocking idea!

3 mystery snail
3-6 flamingo guppy
8+ chili rasbora!
RCS!
This sound good? Is this too much? Can I fit more fish (like 4 Pygmy Cory). Thanks!

BigManAquatics

Seems like an awful lot to me. I would just stick with the guppies or the chilis, not both groups.

GoldfishRescueStory

Seems like an awful lot to me. I would just stick with the guppies or the chilis, not both groups.
Hmm! What about…
Some RCS
5-6 guppy
8 chili rasbora!

This is my stocking idea for a 10g heavily planted tank.
1 female betta (less space then a male betta)
10 chili rasbora
1 male endler
3 female endler
some RCS
Can I squeeze a few (even one?) more chilies or endless? Or a mystery snail? Thanks!

RogueFebreze

Hmm! What about…
Some RCS
5-6 guppy
8 chili rasbora!
Hmm this is borderline for what a 10 gallon could support. You also have to consider that unless you get 1 gender of guppy, they will reproduce like crazy, and that could eat up what little space is left in that tank quickly.

Maryellen

I think it’s a bit too much for a 10gal. I think 6/7 rasboras and one betta would be best.

GoldfishRescueStory

I think it’s a bit too much for a 10gal. I think 6/7 rasboras and one betta would be best.
Chili’s need to be in groups of at least 8 bested on what I read!

I mean, I could do 10 chilies, 3 guppies, and 4 endler…..

Cue

There is no 'perfect number' for schooling fish. I agree with Mary, and all that also depends on the betta's temperament too; they might not even be able to have tankmates due to aggression.

Ouse

You could certainly do that. One slight downside: it won’t work.

I would simply do the chillies alone.

Mii

Betta may eat the rasboras depending on the temperament of the individual fish, and even if it doesn't you're still borderline overstocked. I'd go with betta and endlers, or endlers and rasboras, as betta and rasboras could result in your betta getting a tasty snack, and not a lot of rasboras.

GoldfishRescueStory

There is no 'perfect number' for schooling fish. I agree with Mary, and all that also depends on the betta's temperament too; they might not even be able to have tankmates due to aggression.

You could certainly do that. One slight downside: it won’t work.

I would simply do the chillies alone.
Betta may eat the rasboras depending on the temperament of the individual fish, and even if it doesn't you're still borderline overstocked. I'd go with betta and endlers, or endlers and rasboras, as betta and rasboras could result in your betta getting a tasty snack, and not a lot of rasboras.
You guys are right that’s spray too much, I’m new to the fish world and bad at stocking. This is my new stock…
. 10 chili rasboras
. 3-6 endlers
.RCS
.(can I add a mystery snail?)

Mii

You guys are right that’s spray too much, I’m new to the fish world and bad at stocking. This is my new stock…
. 10 chili rasboras
. 3-6 endlers
.RCS
.(can I add a mystery snail?)
That sounds good. I suggest you go all males or all females on the endlers or they'll overrun the tank with babies.

GoldfishRescueStory

That sounds good. I suggest you go all males or all females on the endlers or they'll overrun the tank with babies.
Lol that’s the point (I have an extra 5G tank for endless and chili baby’s)

Mii

Lol that’s the point (I have an extra 5G tank for endless and chili baby’s)
They'll probably fill up that 5g fast so you'll need to deliver babies to the fish store pretty often to not get overrun.

GoldfishRescueStory

They'll probably fill up that 5g fast so you'll need to deliver babies to the fish store pretty often to not get overrun.
Ik! Our LFS will take them! I had a Platy only 15g so I know abt the baybies

Ok! Final stock is:
10 chili rasboras (5G)
3 endler guppies (1.5G)
RCS
1 Mystery snail
3-6 clown killifish (2g)
Would this work

Ouse

Ok! Final stock is:
10 chili rasboras (5G)
3 endler guppies (1.5G)
RCS
1 Mystery snail
3-6 clown killifish (2g)
You’re adding more fish to the list when advised to take some off. Also, I’m a little lost; what happened to the 10 gallon tank?

The 10 chili rasboras would fit in a standard 10 gallon tank and be at the stocking limit, and won’t fit in a 5 gallon.

Anything under 5 gallons is suitable for no fish, only small invertebrates. In such small spaces, fish become sitting ducks.

Based on my reaserch, though, you can fit 20 Chili’s in a 10g.
Not everything you can read about stocking is reliable. Research for a little longer, and you’ll probably stumble upon an article stating that you can add sharks to a 10 gallon. :D

Along with FishLore, another reputable source is Seriously Fish. Here’s their take on chili rasboras:

Boraras brigittae – Mosquito Rasbora (Rasbora urophthalma brigittae) — Seriously Fish

Note how it recommends a tank footprint of 45 x 30cm. This is likely for a group of just six chillies, as keeping a school of six fish minimum is almost a universal practice in fishkeeping.

GoldfishRescueStory

Alright! You win! I think I can do like 7-8 chilies and 3 endlers! :)! I am just obsessed over how this tank will look!
I’m copying this build!
Not everything you can read about stocking is reliable. Research for a little longer, and you’ll probably stumble upon an article stating that you can add sharks to a 10 gallon. :D

Along with FishLore, another reputable source is Seriously Fish. Here’s their take on chili rasboras:

Boraras brigittae – Mosquito Rasbora (Rasbora urophthalma brigittae) — Seriously Fish

Note how it recommends a tank footprint of 45 x 30cm. This is likely for a group of just six chillies, as keeping a school of six fish minimum is almost a universal practice in fishkeeping.

Ouse

That is a nice setup to look for inspiration from. I enjoy seeing the heavy planting, and the fish will too.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mii
  • Question
Replies
Views
AggressiveAquatics
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies