Thinking of switching over

Rachellynn1296

Hello! I have a 2 year old 45 gallon African Cichlid tank that I've kinds gotten bored with. I love my fish, they all have great and distinct personalities, but I just don't see it really going anywhere, and it's not the most interesting to look at.

Well recently I've been considering switching to a saltwater live rock tank, I know there's another word you call it, FOWLR I think?? Not sure what that stands for, haha.

Anyways, I'm kind of thinking ahead here, because I know I have to get the tank cycled and all that, but I'm kinda brainstorming stocking ideas.

My LFS is amazing, the owner is the only employee and he was awesome help when I started up my cichlid tank, and he would gladly take them all back for some store credit for saltwater equipment/fish.

I know I want a dwarf zebra lionfish. Ever since I was a kid I've wanted one. He would be my first and only addition for awhile, but I don't want only one fish in the long run. I was thinking maybe some kind of eel?? I know absolutely nothing about eels, but I read somewhere a snowflake eel needs a minimum of 40 gallons but of course I know you can't believe everything you read, so I figured I'd ask.

What other stocking options do you think I'd have? Very interested in what anyone suggests.

Thank you for reading!

Teishokue

if you go back to your post and click the link "FOWLR" you'll understand what it means.

you might want to get some dwarf lionfish. fuzzies work well with beginners.

snowflakes are great also. both require additional care. also you might want to create good holes. you probably won't see the eel until feeding or at night.

fuzzies tend to hid as well. so you might get bored. but once feeding comes along they come out. except for the eel ..

ryanr

Umm, don't give up on the cichlid tank.
I have a reef tank, and if I'm honest, it's a little boring! no new fish. corals look the same day in day out.
My Freshwater planted is boring! plants might grow a little, but for the most, same old same old,

But then, you notice, wow! how big has that plant/coral got.

When you have a fully stocked tank, it's easy to get 'bored'. You get into a regime, feed, watch.... water change.

I will admit, my Saltwater fish all have different personalities, but really, just watching fish (my Saltwater and FW) is awesome.

Lobster cooker

Clown fish

Also saw a minI eel at a fish store that looked awesome don't know what's it called.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CrayfishAreAwesome
Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01
  • Question
Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies