thinking of getting Cichlids...any recommendations?

Buzz

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of setting up a 30g tank and putting in some cichlids...so far, we have one plaid julie cichlid (in another tank).

Does anyone have suggestions of what sort of cichlids I should go with or any particular favorites?  Also, I am new to cichlids - do they have any particular likes/ dislikes?

Thanks,
Buzz

ecnaj143

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, to be honest. I would get one big cichlid for that tank by himself. I recommend a Venustus cichlid. Their beautiful, peaceful to watch, but boy are they pigs when it comes to food. Again its up to you, just remember that MOST cichlids are VERY territorial.

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi Buzz! my family and I went to a great lfs yesterday, and they had some super cichlids. Afterwards we were all talking about our favorites, and the cichlid we all agreed on (if we had a big enough tank) was the cyrtocara moori (blue dolphin). they were very peaceful (for a cichlid!) and interesting with a big lump shaped head and beautiful blue color....what I've heard is they can live in a 55g until they are about 5" but then they have to go to a 100g....so...do you need an excuse to get a 100g tank? lol
Denise

Buzz

Valued Member
Reaction score
OK then, that settles it!

Out with the sofa and in with the 100g tank...Cichlids here I come ;D
bUZZ

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom