Thinking of branching out into amphibians/reptiles 5 Gallon Tank 

sharkgirl52

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hey everyone,

I recently have been thinking of branching out into the amphibian/reptilian world. I have an empty 5 gallon tank, also an extra intank filter if needed, but I was wondering what sort of amphibians/reptiles I could put in there. I am not really big on the frog thing, mostly I've been looking into lizards, newts or salamanders. Either semi-aquatic or fully land, but I've heard mixed reviews about what I can have/can't have, what's good for beginners/what's not, and have found myself still confused on what to get, or if I should.

I do have other animals. I have two hamsters, one long haired male and one short haired female. I also have a featherfin catfish and recently lost my 2 year old Black Moor. I am just interested in branching out now, what do you think?

midthought

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HI Sharkgirl, welcome to Fishlore.

I'm afraid I don't have any advice about reptiles, but I was just curious if your Black Moor was in the 5 gallon? Or another tank?

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Newts are really cool. A friend of mine had one a long time ago and we enjoyed watching it. I think a semi-aquatic tank would be nice. As far as information about keeping them, I don't know anything about that, but once you decide what to keep, update us with some photos.

Welcome to Fishlore!

sharkgirl52

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Midthought,

No, my black moor was only in the 5 gallon when I first got him as a baby. He was very, very small then and he was only in their until I upgraded to my 10 gallon. Which was about a month after I got him. Then for a year he was content, but I upgraded again to a 20 when I decided to get my catfish.

Jrobber,

Yeah, I've been thinking about newts. Some people had said that they are a good beginner pet. I will for sure upload some pictures when and if I get it up and running.

Good morning. I've merged your posts since they were back to back. Feel free to respond to more than one member per post. Also there is an EDIT key at the bottom of every post that you can use for corrections and additional thoughts. It helps to save a little space on the forum.
Thanks!
Ken

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning.

Click here and scroll down to Non Fish Topics/Our Other Pets section for more information.

Good luck! Keep us posted.
Ken

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads