Thinking of a Shrimp Nano Tank

ashenwelt

Hey all,

I am thinking of a Shrimp Nano tank, aquascaped of course. I was wondering what tanks people prefer in the 5 gallon range? Wondering about the Spec V.

Thoughts?

georgeaz

Hey Ashenwelt,

I have the Spec 3, no the Spec V

With that said, I will tell you that I love my tank, it hides all the equipment and makes it look very neat, the filter can move a lot of water.

Best of luck in your decision!

ashenwelt

Hey Ashenwelt,

I have the Spec 3, no the Spec V

With that said, I will tell you that I love my tank, it hides all the equipment and makes it look very neat, the filter can move a lot of water.

Best of luck in your decision!
Any issues with the 3 and the filter?

georgeaz

Any issues with the 3 and the filter?

No, but I just got done with my cycle so its only a month old.

I bought Purigen to replace the carbon when it comes time to replace it (on others suggestion).

There are some mods out there for the Fluval Spec line, you may be interested in some of them (like the screen that goes over the intake to keep shrimp/etc out). I wish I had found a few out when I was setting it up, the water flow is strong, next large water change I do, I am going to set the flow to lowest setting as I put it on medium when I was putting it together the first time.

Here is the link for one of the sites specific to the Fluval Spec line -

I may change my mind down the road, but currently I am very happy.

ScuttleGecc

I have a 2.5gal shrimp tank with a temporary betta (he's a lil sweetheart)

I would say go for the 5gal! Planted ones look really nice, especially with cherry shrimp, who will breed and keep the tank full! (Through inbreeding eventually you will have to sell some and buy new ones so they don't become too frail)

Sponge filters are the best, and black sand is best for cherry shrimp (or black gravel)

ashenwelt

What about fluoride rich dirt substrate... like the clay substrate that seems to be popular for planted tanks these days?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
Replies
Views
fjh
Replies
Views