thinking of a german blue ram tank

Discussion in 'Ram Cichlid' started by ChronicTyler, Mar 15, 2010.

1. ChronicTylerValued MemberMember

I was looking to have a tank primarily for a pair of blue rams. Would a tank gallon tank be large enough to house a pair and possibly a school of fish and 3 corys? if 20 is too small then what would be a good size for one pair. I am not looking to breed. if they do breed then thats a bonus.

-tyler

2. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Id go with a 20L if you would like some corys.

3. mattmc12New MemberMember

I have 2 german blue rams in a ten as you can see below. They show no aggresion and have laid eggs a few times. They are a delight to my eye, and whoever wants some, GET THEM!! Because they are amazing. A good setup would be a pair of GBR, and about 6 neon tetras, then an oto or a few corys. Perfect south african tank!

4. platy ben

platy benWell Known MemberMember

In my opinon, your 10G is heavily overstocked, and rams are south american.
    I kept a pair of rams in a 15G and they were great fish :) I think a 20 with a pair of rams and some corys would be great!

5. mattmc12New MemberMember

haha, i seriously did mean south AMERICAN. I also have two filters for my 10g. which seems odd, i know. But they live in harmony, and there are no ammonia or nitrate problems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice