Thinking it's ICH!?!?!

1. Mattfinn Member Member

Got home yesterday @7pm from rehearsals and went to do my favourite thing in my spare time. Lie there and watch my fish. It took me a bit but I soon noticed on both rams that there were a few white spots only 3-4 on each dorsal fin. Then checking my other fish I noticed one on my pearl gourami's upper tail fin which he has had since I purchased him but I thought it was scare tissue seeing as he was being held in a tank full of various gouramis and they weren't dwarfs either and assumed he had been nipped at one point or another. Anyway so I think I have ICH and I know it's probably related to my heater not being good enough 50w in a 23g. It was a constant temp during summer and autumn (23*) but it's winter now and the frost has come late too but where I live it's about minus 3 Celsius at night and in the morning and I noticed that my heater isn't cutting it. I am saving up for a 100w heater though should be able to get it in the next few days. But yeah I was hopin to do a heated natural treatment with no salt as it's a decently planted tank and I don't want anything melting it. Quick question once I have treated the ICH (2 weeks at 28) how do other members maintain a constant temp during winter when at night it's minus 3 or so but during the day it's about 20. (Australian weather ) I'm unable to change around my temp during the day as I'm not home during the day but yeah how would you maintain a constant temp. I know I'm desperate for a new heater I'm still upsizing from a 5g that held some cherry barbs which are in my 23g and don't seem to be affected at all. Am I on the right track so far with my method for treatment? Sorry for such a long post.

Feeling fishy

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Bump!

Best wishes for your fish. Hold on for responses.

Ken

3. Mattfinn Member Member

Thanks it's all good I've established that it's definitely ICH but I've got m heater now. Starting heat method tomorrow

Feeling fishy

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

5. Mattfinn Member Member

Already saved it haha. Felt good to dip my fingers in some nice warm water to change the temp this morning haha. I've got a busy day so I'm up at 4am starting with the increase in temp.

Feeling fishy