Thinking About Minnows.

david1978

My jack Dempsey died so I'm thinking about just going with feeder minnows from petco. I'm just wondering what they are exactly. Any ideas? Thinking about 30 of them for the 75.

Crispii

Should be fine if you're just keeping minnows.

NC122606

david1978 said:
My jack Dempsey died so I'm thinking about just going with feeder minnows from petco. I'm just wondering what they are exactly. Any ideas? Thinking about 30 of them for the 75.
I would probably treat them since they are feeders.

david1978

Crispii said:
Should be fine if you're just keeping minnows.
Well the female betta and 2 inch pleco are still in there. I think I'm ready to go with an active tank. The betta tank is just a bunch of lazy fish. Lol.

goldface

If you're thinking of rosy red feeders, those are color mutations of the Fathead Minnow. You may even see the natural ones (I actually think they look a lot nicer) in with them too.

30 in a 75 gallon should be fine. They do get relatively large, 4-5".

david1978

scarface said:
If you're thinking of rosy red feeders, those are color mutations of the Fathead Minnow. You may even see the natural ones (I actually think they look a lot nicer) in with them too.

30 in a 75 gallon should be fine. They do get relatively large, 4-5".
I remember seeing them for like 16 cent a piece. Didn't really pay attention to what they were called or look at them too hard. It will be Friday till I het there.

david1978

Got my rosy red minnows today. 20 cents a piece. I asked for 30 but in the bag I counted 45-50. So yea lots of little fish. Most are an orange color and some are grey. It looks nice. I was actually surprised I only seen a few dead ones in the tank at petco. It was only 3 or 4 so overall their tank looked good.

Cognac82

I rather like the little feeder fish. Considered getting some of the feeder guppies and doing a breeding experiment to see what kind of colors I could get. Post a pic!

potter

I love rosy reds. I've 9 of them in a 40 gallon. They're so underrated.

Gamer

I’ve got about a dozen of them in my turtle tanks and they’ve survived for months. They are quite shimmering and add more movement in the tanks. I got them as feeders but I must say I don’t mind them not getting eaten!

david1978

I had a die off while I was in the hospital so I have the 10 luckiest feeder minnows. That's all that's in my 75 for now.

Top Bottom