Thinking About Growing Pothos In Hob Filter - What Kind Of Grow Light Should I Use?

Victor Noda

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I threw some pothos cuttings in my hob filters on my 3 display tanks and since they are indoors and out of direct sunlight, I'm wondering what kind of grow lights should I get for them to get them going? Any suggestions? Kinda on a budget, and I'm hoping they won't be something that will be glaring into everyone's eyeballs?

lilabug4545

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It sounds weird, but I’ve found that pothos do really well under the Ikea grow lights for me. I’ve had success with them with ohther plants, as well!

PonzLL

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Pothos is a low light plant so you really don't need to add an extra light for it unless your room is completely dark.

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
The good thing about Pothos is the fact that they will grow under just normal room light. I don't have any special kind of light for the ones I have growing in my tank and they are growing like weeds.

Algonquin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Agreed - they are super easy to grow, and like indirect natural light. Too much direct light will make it pretty unhappy (as I discovered).

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom